Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there got cruise on their BW ? I looked on Victorys website and they show part # 2879357 , I would like to have it installed at the dealership . If anybody has had it done , how much did it cost ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Anybody out there got cruise on their BW ? I looked on Victorys website and they show part # 2879357 , I would like to have it installed at the dealership . If anybody has had it done , how much did it cost ?
I had cc installed on my KingPin. I can't say how much it cost beyond the price in the catalog. I had it installed at the first service, plus I got a rebate on accessories when I bought the bike. CC was listed for 2013 Boardwalks, but not for 2014 (my wife has a 2014). I asked the dealer why 2014 didn't list cc, he said he thought it was a clearance issue. The module mounts on the left side right behind the primary. It sits fairly low. On a Kingpin there is a good bit of lean angle due in part to the larger tires. You can install cc on the Boardwalk, but be prepared for possible part dragging!

·
13,003 Posts
Do a search in the tech forum. A guy just did it him self about a month back.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wondered the same thing as you did.... why don't they offer a CC for the BW. And the answer I found after searching is this..... they changed a couple of electric parts in the brake system and incidentally made it incompatible with their CC system. Which is why the dealer cant/wont do it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Probably, I believe it was Kevin X that told me I needed a tach to completell a circuit. I didn't have a tach before and also wanted a clock and to convert to KM so I went digital. I'm happy so far n love the gear indication.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I bought the el cheapo eBay cruise but it stays in my pocket.
Im not on a constant throttle long enough for it to be anything other than a PIA.
But thats just me, not into radios GPS fairings or other stuff either.
Prefer my riding raw, may grow up someday I guess.
Im off for a ride.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Probably, I believe it was Kevin X that told me I needed a tach to completell a circuit. I didn't have a tach before and also wanted a clock and to convert to KM so I went digital. I'm happy so far n love the gear indication.

I just bought my dad an 05 Kingpin and would like to add a tach and gear indicator... Wondering if that would work? Does anyone know if the Dakota digital unit works?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts