Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Friend has a 10 vision. While cruise is on hits a small buns it will shut off. He hits a big bump it will stay on. It is weird. Any suggestions
Tell him to stay away from bakeries. :)

I haven't noticed this on my 13. If I have my hand on the cruise it will shut off sometimes when it tries to accelerate and my hand must stop it, so it cuts off. Mostly going up and down hills

·
13,048 Posts
Why doesn't he ask about his cruse.

Try putting more free play in the throttle return cable. Its to tight

·
Registered
784 Posts
I like small buns. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Friend has a 10 vision. While cruise is on hits a small buns it will shut off. He hits a big bump it will stay on. It is weird. Any suggestions
Any actuation of the brake light will cause most motorcycle cruise units to drop out. I have no idea if vic uses a mechanical switch on the front brakes or a pressure switch but if there is a problem related to either brake light switch it will drop out the cruise. HD uses a plunger from the switch housing to the brake lever. A gap between the master cylinder and the switch housing will raise hell with their cruise control. Just an example I have no idea if Vic is the same.

Any switch that will drop out the cruise should be suspect. I would find out what drops it out and carefully inspect what operates those switches for any adjustment, loose connectors etc.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did the diagnostic testing on mine and it flashed 3_1_1 which say in the manual to replace the module, since doing the diagnostic test I haven't been able to get the green light on the dash to come on at all so I guess I'll have to replace the module. I tried to find out how to get to the module on my Vision and from the looks of it it's a major job and it's not found in the 08 Vision Service Manual or at least I couldn't find it.
From looking at where the module is located I will have to remove the air shock completely and most of the Tupperware on the rear sides of the bike and the rear tire.....I'm do a tire very soon so I'll need to get another CC unit and have on hand for this job.....

·
13,048 Posts
before replacing module go to dealer and have them hook it up to there computer. They can reset it.
If its the cruse box there the same as a Chevy truck or van

·
13,048 Posts
Guess its fixed he has never come back to add more

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks John, but I already bought another module before I saw your post....besides the closest dealer to me is 35 miles and they sell multiple brands and really don't impress me at all. Not very friendly to Vic owners, in other words they could care less.
I'll fix it myself like I always have.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well I finally got my CC working again, I installed the new junkyard CC module and hooked everything up and tried to do a Lash Learn on the module and nothing(green light on the dash) came on, just the ON/OFF light on the control module under the throttle.....I was pissed cause it's a lot of work to get the CC module out of it's hiding place. Just encase you would like to know, you have to remove the saddle bag doors, the side covers under the saddle bag, the rear tire and the black colored rod that's on the air shock assembly and then work the module out and around the shock, all after undoing the CC cable to the throttle body and unplugging the CC module. If you have big hands take a chill-pill before starting this process it might save you some pain later! Anyway after fooling around looking for why it's not coming on I followed the wire from the control module the one under the throttle to it's connection(I had to undo the center console and lift it up and too the side to get to it's connector) I reached in and grabbed the connector and forced it together and twisted it a little I put the center console back in it's place and turned the key on and tired the CC again and it came on....boy was I surprised and happy too! So now looking back over the years of having problem with the CC not working right and the whole time it was the frigging connector under the console or at least that's what it seems to be, only time will tell but so far it's all good again. I hope this helps somebody else as to what to look for with this problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts