Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had cruise added to my 2010 XR. My husband asked the dealer if the control could be located on the clutch side rather than the throttle side.

After much work they were able to install as he asked. It seems to make more sense to have it located on the left rather than try to hold the throttle and set the cruise with the right hand- especially with short fingers like I have.

Has anyone else done this and if so how does it seem to work?

I have not had cruise before. Hubby has a GW and his opinion was it would be far more convenient on the left.

We are in the middle of a snow storm here in Iowa. I won't be able to test it out for quite some time.

Dixie

·
Registered
528 Posts
This is the first time I have heard of having cc on the left instead of the right.

I didn't realize that the 2010 XR's did not come with the cc.

If I had it guess is because the cc is only used from time to time as where the radio/mp3/xm may be used a lot more.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
Since the XR doesn't come with a radio, etc. I can see no reason whatsoever why it would matter on an XR one way or the other.

On an XC; I also see no reason why they couldn't be switched over assuming the wiring will allow it. :)

When I changed my bars out to the +2 last week my cruise control didn't work afterward. I was 99% sure a connection had gotten unplugged during the change out and I was correct. It also broke the little tab on the connection so I just wrapped it in black electrical tape and put a spot tie on it to secure it from future unexpected disconnects.

The wiring harness puts the cruise control wiring over on to the right side on the XC but I don't know if the XR is different. It would take a bit of cutting, soldering in some new wire, and some heat shrink tubing to move the cruise control to the left side of the XC. I only know this because I just dealt with this today.

PS: I'm making the throttle housing able to handle all HD grips instead of the 20 or so Victory grips available today. It's just a matter of doing some hand grinding to the perch housing. I luv fabricatiing. I just wish I had a nice machine shop to do all the stuff I really want to do.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I must admit, I like the idea, even though my fingers are long enough to play with the cruise control button while maintaining a steady throttle. If there were audio controls, like on the XC, those would probablly be used more than a cruise control, so they've gotten the prime spot, on the left hand side. In XR's case, moving the cruise control to the left hand side does make sense.

Only drawback I can see is that the buttons will be in reversed order (ON/OFF button will be closest reach instead of farthest, and the SET/CANCEL will be the farthest reach) but this isn't necessarily a negative.

Please post impressions once you get to ride it. Pluses, minuses, all that good stuff. cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully by mid March I wll be able to ride and see how the cruise works. Mother nature has been brutal to us the last couple of days. 8 inches of snow and 50 mph winds. Gotta love Iowa weather!!!!!!

Dixie

2010 Crossroads - Black with limegreen pinstriping

1 - 5 of 5 Posts