Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Vstar 650 with some cosmetic stuff done to it and drag pipes. Its reliable, not bad looking but the performance isn't there and its too small.

Im gonna possibly be selling it this year and looking into something that has some more getup and go. I cant help but notice how much more affordable the Victory line is compared to other american bikes :grin.

Im wondering what the characteristics of the models...I wasn't looking for something to take cross country. But something I can ride 2 up without struggling for more engine on the highway..im always looking for a 6th gear that aint there lol.

Any suggestions on certain models I should avoid or certain years that might be more troublesome than others?

My current pig-

·
Registered
257 Posts
Cj0KEQjwj7q6BRDcxfG4pNTQ2NoBEiQAzUpuW5hyUkoUbVXDIlq7QBEwp1EFosksuvNbhr-rFXSoD1caAhyo8P8HAQ

All Vics are amazing with similar engineering. You can start by looking at the Octane, which is a 1200cc bike, twice as powerful as your last one. Then you get into cruisers which all will have the 106ci in them, that's 1731cc's. A considerable upgrade in power. You'll never hope for more power under any circumstance. Others will need to speak into two up riding on the cruiser line, mainly from a comfort standpoint. For complete power and comfort look at the baggers.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I currently have a Vstar 650 with some cosmetic stuff done to it and drag pipes. Its reliable, not bad looking but the performance isn't there and its too small.

Im gonna possibly be selling it this year and looking into something that has some more getup and go. I cant help but notice how much more affordable the Victory line is compared to other american bikes :grin.

Im wondering what the characteristics of the models...I wasn't looking for something to take cross country. But something I can ride 2 up without struggling for more engine on the highway..im always looking for a 6th gear that aint there lol.

Any suggestions on certain models I should avoid or certain years that might be more troublesome than others?

My current pig-
CT Power and Sports in Wallingford, CT is hosting the Victory demo truck at the end of this month....go ride some Vics :)
Connecticut Power & Sport provides premium powersports products and services in Wallingford, CT Connecticut Power & Sport Wallingford, CT (203) 265-1206

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
If you spend any time at all on a Victory, any Victory, you won't even want to ride the V-Star any more. Not that there's anything WRONG with the V-Star, there is just so much RIGHT with the Victory.

I had an Intruder 1500 LC. I bought the Kingpin and I intended to keep both bikes. I rode the Kingpin 2500 miles or so... then I got back on the Suzuki. I sold the Suzuki a week later. Not that there's anything WRONG with the Suzuki, it was a great bike that served me well for a long time, but there was just so much RIGHT with the Victory.

Torque... 6 gears... long wheelbase... relaxed riding position... solid chassis... quality suspension... good brakes w/braided steel lines from the factory... Oh, you'll like it.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
A good bike for two up... You can pick up a Cross Roads for cheap. The Vegas is good for two up as well just not at great lengths. I like the Kingpin with the round headlight!!! 2010 and older I believe. The Magnum X1 is personally what I would buy if I was spending your money!!!! Lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
My first bike was a Yamaha vstar 650, picked it up because it was crazy cheap and I liked that it looked like a real cruiser. Was very content with it other than the missing 6th gear. I couldn't keep up with my friends on longer rides. I bought my highball and it was a world changer. One that wasn't noticeable until I got back on the Yamaha. After only a weekend with my victory the Yamaha felt too small and plastic. I don't have experience with the others but I can tell you that you won't regret the upgrade and they all have the same motor, such a power upgrade, riding with the same people they have the trouble keeping up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts