Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are pictures from the day I bought it in July 2010 from Roadhouse Victory in Tulsa, Oklahoma to date of delivery on 24 September 2010. The Gentleman from Henderson Auto Body in Tulsa, Oklahoma did all the work. In the picture from left to right is: Me, Corey, Brad Henderson (Owner) and Cliff. These Gentlemen were absolutely easy to work with, and meticulous on their work. Cliff did the fender work and pinstripe detail. He wanted to tape it out, but I insisted he freehand the pinstripe and glad I did, for I have inconsistencies in the there and it is exactly what I wanted because it does not look factory-it has flavor and one of a kind look to it. Brad, Corey and Cliff are what is best of Oklahoma! They said they would do something and they did. We did business on a handshake. The fender work Cliff accomplished is spot-on. He matched the style to that of the rear of the luggage. The color scheme I decided on was Willow Green and White. Brad slightly tinted the white with green and that accented the Willow Green perfectly. These Gentlemen at Henderson Auto Body are truly old school Americans!
There are a lot of things I did to the Cross Country in addition:
1.) I added The Santa Rosa Vee Twin 2" pull back handlebars. The pullback is much better. My arms are at relaxed. I did buy a new brake line because there was a slight binding with the stock.
2.) You can see I added white felt strips between the windscreen
3.) I added the non-hook side of sticky Velcro to the passenger floorboards to avoid scarring.
4.) I will add a 250 watt amp and 150 watt speakers (left and right) in October. The amp will be placed in the open space under the rear fender, and it will be marine grade because of weather.
5.) I added a Cee bailey 19" windshield. I like this shield even though I am 5'11". I like looking through a shield, and it eliminates all buffeting up top.
6.) I bought the lower wind deflectors. they really do work well.
7.) I bought the XM radio and iPod. Both work well on the road.
8.) I bought the passenger backrest and luggage rack (not pictured) and it is easy to affix and remove as advertised.
9.) I bought the front billet aluminum wheel. I did not buy the rear wheel or pulley because you really can't see the rear wheel and pulley and it would be a waste of money.
10.) Centerstand by Witchdoctor Victory Parts.
If you want more pictures let me know, for I confess I do not take the best photos. I believe Victory has made a very good motorcycle. very glad to know it was designed and MADE in America.thumb up I posted a lot more pictures on the thread "Show your Cross Country / Cross Road."

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Looks good.....nice job!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks. I decided on the colors when I saw an Indian Motorcycle with the Willow Green and Ivory Cream scheme. I went Willow Green and White with Ivory Cream pinstripe, and I was born in 1957, which Willow Green was a popular color back then. I like the colors of the 50s because they had personality, plus I wanted a conservative paint scheme. I will not be adding loud pipes, just loud speakers.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Gorgeous Bike!

The colors look amazing. Gorgeous Bike!

·
Registered
396 Posts
i like the look,clean and smooth.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts