Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got done designing and building the rear rack for my hammer this weekend, other than needing a slight hardware change I am very pleased with the result. I couldn't see spending 300+ on a rack. I intend on adding a detachable back rest to it also.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I like it all the aftermarket ones I have seen are was too tall! They look like a dam wing or something. I will be working on the something similar this winter but detachable with a small lock box of some kind.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Very nice, you have talent!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Oh and you owe me $400.00 bucks now cause I have to send my pipe out to Jet Hot to get coated black. I have the same bike and that looks bad ass with the black pipes! You could just fab up another one of those for me and we will call it even!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I do a lot of fab work so this project was actually quite simple.I work in a shop that I have access to about any bit of equipment I need.

First I cut everything out in cardboard to get the design I liked, then I took all my dimensions and drew it all up in a CAD program, I then cut it out of 1/8 steel on a waterjet, then used a CNC brake to make all the bends the way I wanted, mounted the sides to the bike and mate drilled the holes to mount the top plate to the sides. I sprayed rubberized undercoating on it but I'm not sure I like it, I will likely blast it off and powder coat it satin black (which I already have)for more durability.

I actually have 2 different size top pcs drawn up on CAD so the top shelf comes off easily with the 8 bolts. I can also easily alter the cutouts to any design I want incase I ever want to change it up to some fancy flame work or anything. In all the cardboard template setup is what took me the longest to work out what I liked, actual production, cutting, bending, etc took maybe an hour with setting everything up.

Hunt......My pipes were chrome when I bought it and had to do something about that, since I plan to buy different pipes in the future I didn't hesitate to scuff up them up with sandpaper and coat them with a couple cans of black BBQ pit rattle can paint, I'm pleased with how they turned out

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Here's mine picked it up last year with 2k miles on it for 7k !
I added this sideburner pipe and it sounds like a 60's muscle car! I have been on the fence about getting it ceramic coated but now I see that I have to!

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell of a deal you got there.....Considering they were like 17k new and the owner had only put 2k miles on it....You stole it!

Hell...I bought mine on November 1st 2013 and have put 2200 on it since then already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts