Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a company that makes custom derby covers for vics that dont charge an arm and a leg. My avatar is what im trying to get custom made minus the wording.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just sent them an email

·
Registered
124 Posts
They have a great product that is very high quality. I talked to them at the IMS in NY and was informed that they only do HD's at this time. They were interested in Vics but not there yet.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
They have a great product that is very high quality. I talked to them at the IMS in NY and was informed that they only do HD's at this time. They were interested in Vics but not there yet.
When was that VRat? Guy I talked to said they did Vic covers. I'm goin to the IMS in Charlotte, NC next week. If there's a rep I'll get an update.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they do covers for Victorys: Custom Engraving Ltd I just talked to the dude....well through email

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
56 Posts
Custom derby covers

Hi guys,

I saw your question on finding some custom covers for your Derby's. I am in the process of having some done for me by a company I found off of Ebay (Ebay and business links, below), they have tons to choose from, or you can do as I have and submit your own photo and they will work with you to have it done exactly as you want it. They aren't the etched metal version, but one where they heat fuse the image of your choice onto the covers, then seal, coat and cure them. They say that it will weather exactly the same as any other painted piece on your bike. We'll see. The price you see listed on Ebay for their products is the same for if you submit your own photo, they do not charge more for Custom. They do many layers of clear coat (I made sure and asked how they were protected for weathering) and then cure. I am going to try them, see how it works.

I ordered the Derby and Cam cover set. I have wanted to replace both since I first looked at them.

Business link:
http://www.customderbycover.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70&sort=20a&page=1

Derby/Cam covers:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/35-VICTORY-VEGAS-JACKPOT-HAMMER-S-8-HIGH-BALL-JUDGE-KINGPIN-ENGINE-DERBY-CAM-SET-/150827832585?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231e0a1509

When you go into the Ebay site, go up to right hand corner and click on "see other items", that will bring up other covers they have. There are more on their business site. Both seem to have slightly different selections, or use your own choice of photo for your own custom cover.

When I receive them and get them on the bike in a couple of weeks, I will post.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got my new Covers!

Okay, got the new covers, and they are awesome! For the record, the color is slightly different, but in a good way. The following post has the original image I submitted to them, so you can see how the colours compared from the ones I received. The original wine red is more of an orange/red, but it is more of a fire orange, so in most lighting it really shows more like it is actually fire.

The pictures don't do justice for what they really look like. The fit is perfect, and the coating looks very thick. It took about a month to get them as the humidity is affecting the drying/setting times, but they came and are cool. Took under 5 minutes to mount them. It takes a screwdriver to remove the original (6-speed) cam cover and it may bend as it is such a thin metal piece, but who cares? You are about to put on a work of art in it's place :)

It is a little more Blingey than I usually am, but it is really growing on me. USE 17.jpg

USE 14.jpg

USE 15.jpg

USE 16.jpg

USE 18.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is the original image I submitted to them, with the end result of what I got from them today. This way you can compare the colours, should you decide to use them.

PROTOTYPE Smaller.jpg

USE 17.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
CVMA brother's check the CVMA chapter store I seen a link where one of the chapters make derby covers. I am patiently awaiting national to get to my paperwork, I'm 10-2 btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
318 Posts
^^^VERY COOL^^^!!!

I will also be ordering from these guys soon. They have a ton to choose from on ebay already.

Good work Lady Vic! :D
thumb up

·
Registered
56 Posts
^^^VERY COOL^^^!!!

I will also be ordering from these guys soon. They have a ton to choose from on ebay already.

Good work Lady Vic! :D
thumb up
Yes, they do have a lot to choose from, but don't be limited if you want to submit an image of your own choosing. Post pic's when you get yours Adam, I would love to see someone else's

·
Registered
318 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts