Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wanna ask you guys if you've tried using these custom earphones that also serves as hearing protection from Big Ear? I was just curious about them and I wanna know first if they're good before I give them a call. Anyway, if you haven't, can you recommend something that is also custom made? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Why go the custom made route? They are usually quite expensive. I've had great luck with the in the ear canal type ear buds. I like the ones that have a soft foam rubber pad and NOT the silicone pads. The silicone ones will not stay in my ears but the foam rubber pads will stay in my ear canal for 8 hours without coming loose. They simultaneously deliver the desired sound (music, phone, GPS, intercom) while greatly diminishing the road noise.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
We are getting a lot of people on the site that just want to sell us something,(n)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
The OP does not look like he is selling us something. Rather, he appears to be asking about a custom fit earbud. If he is actually selling these, this would be a pretty convoluted way to do so. Possible, I suppose but seemingly unlikely. I prefer to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume his inquiry is an honest one. Perhaps I am being to naive.

·
Registered
903 Posts
The way I'm reading it he is asking not selling

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The OP does not look like he is selling us something. Rather, he appears to be asking about a custom fit earbud. If he is actually selling these, this would be a pretty convoluted way to do so. Possible, I suppose but seemingly unlikely. I prefer to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume his inquiry is an honest one. Perhaps I am being to naive.
Oh, by the way, I'm a "she". Alex is short for Alexandra. LOL! and YES, I'm just asking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are getting a lot of people on the site that just want to sell us something,(n)
It may be because English is not my first language. I'm originally from Venezuela. Sorry if it seems like I'm selling. 😭

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Oh, by the way, I'm a "she". Alex is short for Alexandra. LOL! and YES, I'm just asking.
Alexandra do you ride a motorcycle? I guess I was just assuming you were trying to sell the earphones, there has been a lot of it lately, my bad.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have a pair of molded ear plugs. I had a job that required them at a race track. You might look up one of the 2 companies that supply radios for race teams. They should be able to give you some kind of price. There is also some companies on the internet that offer the service. Racing Radios, Racing Electronics. Foams work well and I have used just $20 or 30 sony ear buds. I prefer my molded ones. One thing to watch if you get molded ones is DO NOT pull them out by the wires. The regular ear buds I have bought have had different sized rubber/silicone cups or what ever you want to call them. Just found these Decibullz. For 40 bucks They would be worth a shot, mold able at home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts