Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Massachusetts and am thinking about getting my XC painted. I want to get some real flames done. Any suggestions on who's around in this area that does nice work? I'm not against having to travel a bit to bring my parts somewhere. Thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
It all comes down to dollars and cents....I am sure that there is someone around you that does it....get out and talk to people...check classifieds..then when you find a possible go and look at some of their work...a friend of mine sent his cowling and tins to a lady painter in Illinois...she did a great job....but then again it cost him $5,000.....to me that's nuts...!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked around a bit and I know it's going to be pricey. With what I want to do, I figure I'll be spending $2500-3000 minimum anyways. But if I get the look I want, it's worth it to me. It's a brand new bike, I'll have it for a long time and I want it to be unique, or at least a little different.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hit up your local bike shows and expo's. There are always local painters at these and normally have their work on display.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I tried the bike show route where I found some fantastic painters that were really proud of their work which was clear when we talked price. Quality is important but come on, your not spraying gold. I then checked around at the independent body shops that do car restoration and customization. This is where I finally went and the shop I picked was happy to do the work and the price was far less than the bike shops. It was clear looking around their shop they had the same ability just at a different scale.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
VRat has a great suggestion. I would add; go to cruise ins where the hot rod and custom car people show thier stuff. Ask the owners of cars that have the kind of paint you are interested in where it was done. I'm thinking about having ghost flames done, but they have to be super subtle. Its hard to find painters that can master that, but I'm patient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts