Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

custom vic chop from soggy UK

12K views 96 replies 18 participants last post by  IndyVictory 
#1 ·
Hi all, thought I share a bit of info and hopefully some pics about my custom build here in England

over here Victorys are pretty rare in comparison to a lot of bikes

to me that seemed like a perfect choice of engine for a custom chop build

as far as Im aware it is currently the only vic 106 engined full custom chop here in the uk

I located an engine with ECU and throttle body, thats it, all I started with, over next few months I bought wheels and tyres etc, nearly all the parts that I bought have come from USA or Oz, not only better priced than UK, but immensely better customer service in general from custom shops etc

I will add to this thread as and when I work out how to host photos online and share them

300 rear tyre, 250 front, proper steamroller :) hahaha

if this isnt the sort of thing wanted on the forum then please just say :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks like there is work to be completed, but it's coming along good.

Reactions: Motorbikerx
#8 ·
Beautiful, I like stuff like this, keep on posting & replying

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#13 ·
BRAVO!! @106chopUK ....That is one tough looking build and you do some amazing work. Keep it coming (y)

Reactions: BBob
#16 ·
Cheers all.
I made a very minimal wiring loom just to run the motor. That worked first go. Well happy.
Motor revs n runs sweet

260 40 18 front
300 35 18 rear

#18 ·
Nice rear fender, where did you get it from?

I like the wire loom setup,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#19 ·
Rear mudguard came from chop it. In Germany.
Perfect profile and curve for 300 tyre.

Was half circle but I cut it down a lot. Used the off cut to make back of the seat base.

Handlebars are milled out ready to tig weld in the motogadget speedo housing.

Front of the bars has 2 small similar housings with white marker lights and indicators in.
Combined with internal throttle the bars should be pretty funky.

Last pic shows how they sweep back.
Ignore that tank. That was mock up and way too small

#20 · (Edited)
Rear mudguard came from chop it. In Germany.
Perfect profile and curve for 300 tyre.

Was half circle but I cut it down a lot. Used the off cut to make back of the seat base.
Niceeeeeee

I am rebuilding my vic (again) and went with a aluminum fender, single seat including , really beautiful

I Googelegoo your website, and came up with AWSOME stuff, I paid so so so much for my aluminum fender & matching seat compare to the website you posted , ha ha ha,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: BBob
#21 ·
Nice - following with interest! Greetings from a fellow Brit, army veteran, now living in Taiwan.

Unfortunately here in Taiwan it is illegal to modify bikes at all, and especially anything over 550cc (we have different coloured plates to designate under 250cc, 250 - 550, and over 550cc) tends to get police attention.

Some of the young guys do modify their bikes, but usually sub-200cc stuff, but some awesome work nonetheless. We have an annual government inspection once a bike is 5 years old, and they will check a computer image of your exact bike model and year, and it should be stock, even mufflers, lights, etc. Over 10 years old the inspection is every 6 months. Groan.

#22 ·
Nice - following with interest! Greetings from a fellow Brit, army veteran, now living in Taiwan.

Unfortunately here in Taiwan it is illegal to modify bikes at all, and especially anything over 550cc (we have different coloured plates to designate under 250cc, 250 - 550, and over 550cc) tends to get police attention.

Some of the young guys do modify their bikes, but usually sub-200cc stuff, but some awesome work nonetheless. We have an annual government inspection once a bike is 5 years old, and they will check a computer image of your exact bike model and year, and it should be stock, even mufflers, lights, etc. Over 10 years old the inspection is every 6 months. Groan.
Sounds like a boring place to ride. :(

I suppose you have to go for the best you can get stock then.

#23 ·
Well, having lived in quite a few different countries over the years I am a great believer that there are pros and cons wherever. I love my High-Ball. I've spent a fair amount on her mainly with bolt-on goodies I can swap back if necessary, and usually swap over to some Akrapovic slip-on mufflers which aren't too loud, but just a bit more edgy than stock, and of course it is a simple job to swap back for the annual test. I should have an ugly red front number plate, but so far haven't been picked up for not having one, and I just use a velcro sleeve with the plate for the inspection. Oh yes - we're not allowed to ride on the motorways (inter-state freeways) either!

#24 ·
Oh yes - we're not allowed to ride on the motorways (inter-state freeways) either!
That might not be too bad if you at least have roads you can cruise. Sounds like a very anti-bike place to live.

Bike looks good. :)

#27 ·
That's gonna suck some air.

#29 ·

Few pics of it going back together. Theres temporary bolts in place so I can move the bike and also then measure up for bolts and spacers etc.

#30 ·
Looking good mate

I bought that same brake caliper only then in black, but i made extensions so i can move them for tall or short riders,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#31 ·

Couldn't resist dropping the seat in place.

Moved to garage at home now. Do can do the wiring over xmas break.

It's looking pretty chunky.

Frame is 1 3/8 tube.

300 rear looks great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.