Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the whole day over at Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, WA the other day. Well worth it though as he did a great job fitting me to a re-molded seat and finding some blue alligator leather inserts that matched the paint scheme perfectly! It really makes the bike pop. He said it would look "stunning" to use his words...I think he was right thumb up! He added gel pads to both seats while retaining the heating pads. The seat is also a bit wider and sits me a bit lower into the bike. Rich does awesome work and you won't see another one like this anywhere! Best part is that it it same day service, ride in when he opens, ride out at the end of the day with a brand new seat...cheers!

Rich's Custom Seats
http://www.richscustomseats.com/

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Love it. Your bike is the correct color, too :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks amazing, I keep going back and forth on doing the gel for her and little reforming for me. Please post a quick report after breaking it in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rich's Seats in Kingston

I have been riding a Rich's Seat for a year now. Last summer I rode over 1100 miles in two days (Seattle to Missoula and back) and felt like I never left home. Rich and his team took all day to get my seat exactly right for me. He added grey inserts to match the grey on my XC and used grey and red threads for highlights. He matched the backrests, too. It is all leather and has held up very well. I will say that lighter colors are harder to keep clean and neat.

Sorry, but I don't have a great picture of the seat but just want to recommend Rich to anyone who is interested in a really great upgrade from stock. I am looking forward to more extended comfortable rides this summer.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Seat looks great! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love the seat! Its nice to know the heat can be retained when its reshaped.

Rich did great work on the GF's Street Triple seat a couple of years ago. She is fairly short and, despite lowering the bike, couldn't flat foot it at a stop. Rich modified the seat pan to take out a lot of height and shaped it to fit her profile.

For those that are interested, he will do a seat for you if you ship it to him, but the best work is done in person. Measurements are taken with the rider on the bike, and then the seat is reshaped. You are sent out on a ride, after which, any needed adjustments are made before the seat is re-covered.

It is a well organized operation. If you are coming from afar, he's got a place to camp in the back, and a couple of rooms above the shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts