Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on the Vic FB page about my bikes issues.
1 w/7k miles well I first noticed it at around 6500 miles. The clutch makes a howling noise. Dealer says clutch is gone, I say fowl

2 valve tap on cold startup. This started recently, I've had the bike since 2011

3 There is a bubble forming on my tank. Basically means crappy prep job for paint and the metal is rusting underneath. Dealer says oh they might no warranty that. I reply, I have the 5 year warranty. He says, well you've had for over a year. Me, well yeah ok so theres 4 years left of warranty.

The person that takes care of the Vic FB, asked me for my info so he could send to CS, and that they should contact in 3 to 5 days. Aug 29 to Sept 5 nothing yet.

I truly feel they just dont give a crap.

Rant off

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
So your bike is an 09 ? You have had it since 2011 ? Bought spankin new ? Is your warranty a 3rd party warranty ?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah, that's bull **** to say the least. My bike seems fine. I've had it for 17 months. Bought it brand new as a left over 09. But these ever present stories of poor quality and even worse customer service are making me want to try to unload mine before the shoe falls.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
I honestly think they are overwhelmed and didn't expect Victory and now Indian to take off as well as it did. I know, I'm waiting for 2 weeks for my new bike which should haven only taken a day or 2.

what they do in the next few months to catch up will prove if they are worthy, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yeah, that's bull **** to say the least. My bike seems fine. I've had it for 17 months. Bought it brand new as a left over 09. But these ever present stories of poor quality and even worse customer service are making me want to try to unload mine before the shoe falls.

Your gonna get the same thing with every manufacturer, what have you heard about poor quality ? I really don't think it's all Victory , I think a poor dealer network is a huge problem . If your not having any issues with yours why would you unload it ?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
13,172 Posts
Doesn't sound like your dealer wants you to be a happy customer

·
Registered
690 Posts
How about electronics that rarely work. How about leaking oil from all over the place like... The primary, the cylinder head, the cylinder bases, etc. due to porous castings. How about bad clutches/clutch cables. The list is growing longer and longer. If you haven't, maybe you should take a look around one of the other Vic forums. You'll quickly see exactly how many quality problems exist. I'm not making this up.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I've been thinking about the number of posts on these issues vs the number of bikes owned; the leaks and other issues seem like a minority...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You can hear [read] the same kinda whining going on on basically every frikken motorcycle forum there is. Granted, the complaints are legit but the complaining isn't exclusive to Victory or Polaris.

Over the past 6 years I've been a regular on a Yamaha site, 2 Goldwing sites, and now 2 Victory sites and there's folks on all of them that have various similar "issues" with their bike and/or their dealer and/or the manufacturer.

(just sayin)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Machines have problems from time to time.. But I would think Victory would want to keep happy customers... Maybe not.. A unhappy customer will be reluctant to return.. Wake up MaVic..!

Also, unhappy customers tend to tell everyone they can how unhappy they are.... The more mad they get and the more unhappy they become the worse the problem they have is translated to others making it even worse for the company involved. This leads to many lost sales , and current customers being scared that if they have a warranty issue, they will be screwed too.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I talked to my dealer today.

He said he had the clutch apart and found nothing wrong. Said he contacted Vic, basically said it was normal and no fix needed. And he was waiting word on coverage for the tank paint bubble. Extended warranty might not cover it.

Vic customer service finally go through to me today as well. He backed up the explanation of the howling noise from the primary. Hard take off, overly aggressive launches will make the torque compensator and clutch howling noise. Also explained that the warranty company might not cover the take, because they would say its cosmetic. That I have to wait for deal with the ext warranty co later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts