Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided I am going to add some tunes to The Mule. I don't want the fairing so that is out. I am looking at the Cycle Sounds Series 3 200W system. Does anyone have this or have any first hand experience with it? Just checking around before plunking down the $.

Here is a link.

http://www.cyclesounds.com/cruiser.html

Ride safe.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am looking at the Cycle Sounds Series 3 200W system. Does anyone have this or have any first hand experience with it?
I installed the same Cycle Sounds system on my Crossroads, and although the sound was really great, I had a big noise problem when I connected my iPod, and also powered the IPod from the motorcycles 12v power. I also tried powering a GPS with an MP3 player as a music source from the bikes 12V. Both devices sounded great on their own power, but had terrible noise when powered by the bike.

I contacted Cycle Sounds, and the online retailer that I purchased the system from, and neither would address the problem. I was told by the tech manager at Cycle Sounds that my only solution was not to power the music source from the bike. Big help right?

The only way I could get any resolution was to open a Paypal dispute, which I won, and Cycle Sounds were the worst company I have ever dealt with!

I then bought a Kuryakn "Sounds of Chrome" system, which installed easier, looked nicer, sounded just as nice, and had zero noise or static, even when powered from the bikes 12v power.

Hope this info helps.
Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts