Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I still think that engine will be the core of the Indian line in the future. I expect them to roll it into a bike setup for touring in 2021 models.
Not bad for an engine that was to go in the Victory. Should have been done.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I'd like to ride one. Yeah yeah, to hell with polaris, but doesn't change the fact that it could be the best vtwin bagger on the market.
Hopefully this spring the local Indian dealer (Bairs Polaris, Indian, Slingshot) will have a demo day.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,769 Posts
Doesn't matter to me. Motorcycles are toys. I buy what I like at the time I'm in the market. If this engine is in a bike that appeals to me when I'm shopping in 6-8 years then I'll give it a look.
I have two bikes that were discontinued. I'll run them until they die or I get bored then time to move on.

I see a lot of potential when running a stock tune it's putting out decent power. It can easily get better. It might take a year for us to start seeing what the engine is really capable of doing in the hands of a quality tuner.

Reactions: otab

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
If I ever did get a Indian it would be the 1200cc scout. But I don't think that will ever happen. If I won a Indian I would see if I could take a cash option.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If I ever did get a Indian it would be the 1200cc scout. But I don't think that will ever happen. If I won a Indian I see if I could take a cash option.
Because of Victory loyalty or the looks?

Personally I think Indian been fugly for a long time but the newer dark horse models are more visually appealing to me. I hate chrome though. Looks are why I picked a discontinued bike model. :)

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I hate the look of Indian’s classic line. I think they’re fugly and look like melted ice cream.

The newest models, particularly the dark horse variants, are nudging toward lines that interest me. I see promise in them.

I remain bummed that Victory went down, and the way Polaris did it was poorly managed.

I’ll still probably look at Indian first whenever the next time comes that I’m feeling the itch for another bike. But I’ll likely also look at BMW and at wherever the goldwing is at that point. And a few others.

Just like I did every time I’ve looked at a bike purchase in the past. I’ll buy the one that appeals to me most and that I enjoy riding the most when I take it for a spin. :)

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
and at wherever the goldwing is at that point.
I've heard really good things about the new auto goldwing. One of the VTX riders bought one. Less weight, and you CAN shift it with push buttons. Surprisingly it's been getting good reviews online too. Plenty will voice against it but I can see a lot of sales for anyone with injuries to left leg/foot. Anything that gets more riders on the road is a good thing! :)

Reactions: NAB, BBob and otab

·
Registered
290 Posts
I still think that engine will be the core of the Indian line in the future. I expect them to roll it into a bike setup for touring in 2021 models.

Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
239 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
A few pages down in that conversation, a dealer posted pictures from under the seat of a wiring harness and placement cues for trunk wiring. Trunk is definitely coming, and the bike's clearly been designed in anticipation of the trunk being an option.
Victory/Polaris did exactly the same thing with the XC. In 2012 they came out with the XCT (touring version) with trunk and lowers. They also phased out the forged crash bars and phased in the tube type. The winglets on the fairing for the XCT wouldn't work with the forged crash bars. At least they listened to our complaints about wind buffeting with the XC. Customers came out with all kinds of crazy solutions. Eventually everyone settled on a few different ones that we use today.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
That looks good... All they need to do is make it with black trunk bracket. If Polaris doesn't make the wiring harness to get it working the aftermarket will.

It's still a fugly huge fairing but I have not seen one in person to judge it properly.
The only attractive, IMHO, fixed fairing I've seen is on the Victory Vision.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've never ridden a bike with a fixed fairing. If they had a removable trunk available, then I would consider this Indian Challenger bike. Of course, I hope that is a long time in the future as I hope my XCT bikes last me many more years.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That looks good... All they need to do is make it with black trunk bracket. If Polaris doesn't make the wiring harness to get it working the aftermarket will.

It's still a fugly huge fairing but I have not seen one in person to judge it properly.
A few pages down in that conversation, a dealer posted pictures from under the seat of a wiring harness and placement cues for trunk wiring. Trunk is definitely coming, and the bike's clearly been designed in anticipation of the trunk being an option.
From what I understand the Roadmaster design was in place before the Chieftain. So they are doing the same thing, sell all the versions without a trunk and then sell one with a removable trunk a year later.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I've never ridden a bike with a fixed fairing. If they had a removable trunk available, then I would consider this Indian Challenger bike. Of course, I hope that is a long time in the future as I hope my XCT bikes last me many more years.
No doubt these bikes will last until we get the itch for something different. Maybe a 3rd generation Challenger? Who knows. ?‍♂

Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Friend of mine bought a brand new Challenger and at 1300 miles it developed an engine miss and has been in the shop for 3 weeks. His brand new bike is no longer brand new.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Friend of mine bought a brand new Challenger and at 1300 miles it developed an engine miss and has been in the shop for 3 weeks. His brand new bike is no longer brand new.
First year always gonna have some bugs. :(

Reactions: FLVicRider

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
And that would be exactly why I’d never buy a first year of an entirely new design.

Reactions: IndyVictory
41 - 60 of 68 Posts