Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,406 Posts
Friend of mine bought a brand new Challenger and at 1300 miles it developed an engine miss and has been in the shop for 3 weeks. His brand new bike is no longer brand new.
Did they give him another bike to ride in the meantime? I mean if you spend $30k on a motorcycle; you definitely want to ride.

Probably an injector or sensor issue. Please let us know what it ends up being. Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
5,006 Posts
First year always gonna have some bugs. :(
That's what we have been conditioned to accept, proper R&D isn't testing on the public.
And that would be exactly why I’d never buy a first year of an entirely new design.
Read above, and that's a sad truth.
Did they give him another bike to ride in the meantime? I mean if you spend $30k on a motorcycle; you definitely want to ride.

Probably an injector or sensor issue. Please let us know what it ends up being. Just curious.
They did give him a loaner.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Perhaps the loaner was a Honda Rebel 250 :)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,006 Posts
Friend of mine bought a brand new Challenger and at 1300 miles it developed an engine miss and has been in the shop for 3 weeks. His brand new bike is no longer brand new.
One month later they replaced the throttle body and injectors, he said it's running good.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
They hide the coolant behind the saddlebag.
Judging by the diagram there is a lot of stuff crammed under the seat. Owners manual says nothing about coolant change only to see dealer every 5 years.

Air filter under the gas tank just like a cross bike.

Design similarities. Makes sense if this was really supposed to be a Victory motor.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts