Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here buffed out the edges of thier cylinder fins. I was playing around last night with my dremel tool with a buffing head. Tried it on the cylinder fins and found its possible to make them look like chrome. The downside is it's alot of work but should be worth it when I'm done. I have to wonder why Vic did not do this from the factory. Do any Vics come frome the factory with the fins polished or are they all come with the machined finish?

·
Registered
554 Posts
When you polish, you must then re-polish, often. So it's a [email protected]#ch to keep looking nice. Makes no sense for the factory to do it as it just increases costs and then subsequently complaints because they won't stay shiny.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Your comment makes perfect sense. Now I'm wondering if people who go to the extreme trouble and expense to have their cylinders diamond cut have to polish fins forever too. Does the diamond cut process include a coating that prevents the oxidation?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Don't the Ness versions come with the diamond cut heads stock?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Diamond cut is different. It's a whole process. They claim it never needs polished and from what I have read and seen in person it does indeed never need polished. Supposedly it increases the cooling of the fin as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts