Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Ive decided on the D&D wrapped slip on. I know there may be louder pipes out there for cheaper and everyone has their opinion, but Ive decided to go with these.
1) Everyone that has them says they love em
2) I really like the look of the slash version....simple but sharp
3) No altering to my stock stuff so if I ever need to go back....it will be unmolested.

Anyways, I read that they are to used with the stage 1 kit and a high flow filter. Is that a necessity?
I have no problem with the filter but don't really want the stage 1....not even really sure what it is....haha. Could I just unplug O2s and remove that strip like ive seen discussed and be fine?
Also, how would all this affect warranty?
Thnx all

·
Registered
216 Posts
I did the stage 1 about a week after installing my D&Ds.
It sounded much better after!
Less popping, etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I put my PCV on June 28, 14 I found a used set of wripped D&D's and put them on two weeks later. I installed the map that is on the PCV web site for stock air filter and D&D mufflers was not happy with there map at all. The bike did not seem as responsive as it was before putting on the D&D's lots of poping. Drew on this web site give me two maps to try the secound was best of the two. But sense Victory shuts off the injectors when you close the throttles it pops in the lower gears 3rd down to 1st. I have ordered a Autotune in hopes of cleaning this up. I got 48 mpg this last weekend and the pipes sound a little loud to me but everyone tells me they sound great. They do sound a lot better than the sawing machine stock pipes a deep sound not sharp like some. I will be adding Lloydz's air filter this week. cheers with rootbeer :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
One of the advantages that D&D incorporated in the design and manufacture of their slip-ons is that they could be added to the bikes without any other mods and work great... no need to change filters or remap the bike.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I put mine on 2.5 years ago so my memory could be foggy but I thought for sure the instructions recommended the Stage one from Vic...

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
More air in with more air out equals more HP & torque. Do the high flow air filter and the download. You won't regret it. Leave to o2 sensors alone. It makes so little difference. My horse power went up as did the torque and the fuel milage. I don't baby the throttle. These 106's love lots of air. To bad the EPA doesn't. I did mine at the 500 mile service and had no warranty issues.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anyways, I read that they are to used with the stage 1 kit and a high flow filter. Is that a necessity?
I have no problem with the filter but don't really want the stage 1....not even really sure what it is....haha. Could I just unplug O2s and remove that strip like ive seen discussed and be fine?
Thnx all
TO answer your questions...
No it is not necessary to do a stage 1 and high flow.

You say you don't want stage 1 and no problem with filter...then keep what you like and forget the rest.

Yes, if you unplug the O2's you will be just fine.

NOW, what others have said is true. More fuel more air make even stronger motor but that is to each his own. Do what YOU want. Hence, why I answered YOUR questions accurately above.
Have fun, Ride Safe

·
Registered
219 Posts
TO answer your questions...
No it is not necessary to do a stage 1 and high flow.

You say you don't want stage 1 and no problem with filter...then keep what you like and forget the rest.

Yes, if you unplug the O2's you will be just fine.

NOW, what others have said is true. More fuel more air make even stronger motor but that is to each his own. Do what YOU want. Hence, why I answered YOUR questions accurately above.
Have fun, Ride Safe
This is incorrect. D&D designed their exhaust with pre California stage 1. Call and ask if you don't know. Don't give inaccurate information...

Go to the following link and download 2014 Victory Price

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hey guys,
Ive decided on the D&D wrapped slip on. I know there may be louder pipes out there for cheaper and everyone has their opinion, but Ive decided to go with these.
1) Everyone that has them says they love em
2) I really like the look of the slash version....simple but sharp
3) No altering to my stock stuff so if I ever need to go back....it will be unmolested.

Thnx all
Some thoughts.
The engine is a pump, if you improve the exhaust you need to improve the intake as well. The bit in between are the cams, this sets up the timing lift and duration of how efficient the pump works. Match all of these things and you have a great running ride. Only one piece and you might not like the results.

Love my D&D's, Leave the CATs in. If they are already loose install a set of RPW baffles to keep the low end.

Sound was a bit raspy to me after the RPW baffles much more a muscle car sound.

Think about cams, a Lloyds air filter and a timing wheel. The end results will be fantastic. You will not believe it is the same bike.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Some thoughts.
The engine is a pump, if you improve the exhaust you need to improve the intake as well. The bit in between are the cams, this sets up the timing lift and duration of how efficient the pump works. Match all of these things and you have a great running ride. Only one piece and you might not like the results.

Love my D&D's, Leave the CATs in. If they are already loose install a set of RPW baffles to keep the low end.

Sound was a bit raspy to me after the RPW baffles much more a muscle car sound.

Think about cams, a Lloyds air filter and a timing wheel. The end results will be fantastic. You will not believe it is the same bike.
Yep, he's right: I agree: thumb up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts