Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got home yesterday and found the big box waiting for me in the garage. D&D took extra care wrapping and protecting these slip-ons. When I started putting everything together I found that the 4supplied bolts to secure the saddle bag support bracket to the muffler body were in fact too long!
What !!!!!!!!!!! the f%*# ! A trip to the hardware store ? :mad:

Anyone else with D&DS have the same problem?

I will post back when I get them on this afternoon. They sure are purdy :crzy:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Well I got home yesterday and found the big box waiting for me in the garage. D&D took extra care wrapping and protecting these slip-ons. When I started putting everything together I found that the 4supplied bolts to secure the saddle bag support bracket to the muffler body were in fact too long!
What !!!!!!!!!!! the f%*# ! A trip to the hardware store ? :mad:

Anyone else with D&DS have the same problem?

I will post back when I get them on this afternoon. They sure are purdy :crzy:
How are they too long? Are you positive?

Also, please add the year/model of your bike to your signature, so the rest of us don't have to scratch our heads and guess what bike you're talking about. thumb up

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've had many instances where aftermarket motorcycle accessories came with bolts that are too long or short. Just gotta make the trip for hardware or cut them to the right length. (I cut bolts all the time).

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are they too long? Are you positive?

Also, please add the year/model of your bike to your signature, so the rest of us don't have to scratch our heads and guess what bike you're talking about. thumb up
Yeah I'm sure. The bolts they sent are taller than the bosses that they screw into which keeps the support bracket from clamping down to the muffler. No worries, already back fromm the hardware store. They sent 1" bolts when in fact you need 3/4".

Oh by the way I have a 11 Cross Country. Custom mirrors by noementz, Lock and ride trunk and backrest, Avon shifter and brake pegs, Klockwerks windshield and now D&D boss slip-ons. Soon to have a stage 1 down load and filter. and possibly an upgraded sound system to include an amp.

Sorry, I'll upgrade my signature asap. Thanks for replying back

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had many instances where aftermarket motorcycle accessories came with bolts that are too long or short. Just gotta make the trip for hardware or cut them to the right length. (I cut bolts all the time).
Thanks for the reply jimmy.

I cut bolts too but these were the muffler bosses. I just find it hard to believe they sent ones that were 1/4'' too long. I did'nt want to make too much fuss. Already got some and now: To the garage !

·
Super Moderator
4,983 Posts
D&D slip ons sound fantastic!!!! and wait until you twist the throttle!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Their on !!!!! It seemed like it took forever to fasten evertything with the anticipation of starting the bike. I have never been more pleased with a perfomance part in all my years of motorcycling. This is the nicest sounding exhaust I have heard yet. Well my wifes 2into 1 Cobra sounds pretty darn good also on her bike. Can't wait to get her on the open road.

Next step : Stage 1 Download and filter.

Thanks to all who recommended the D&Ds on the Exhaust shoot out..thumb up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, I just put on a set of D&D's & rec'd the same bolts for mine, but it wasn't really an issue for my bike because on the XCT the saddlebag protector rail gets attached under these bolts so that takes up the extra length.
I too am very pleased with the sound. IMHO they sound much better "live" than on any sound clip I've heard so far.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I had my CC out last nite and rode to a couple of holiday gatherings. When I pulled in the parking lot of one event I think everyone turned their head. Not because it was loud (and believe me it is not) but because this bike bike looks and now sounds so damm good!

The response from folks just walking by the bike was nice to hear. All positive. Some Harley riders walking by stopped and asked questions mostly about how I liked the bike and it was nice to not have to compare it to a streetglide or any harley for that matter. They loved the sound and when I told them D&D I think they were surpised at how mellow and deep they sounded on a Victory. Not at all loud or obnoxious was the comments. The wifey and Father n law were pleased also. Compared to my other bikes this one just sounds right.

To me they sound perfect and after all the bikes I have owned and still own (4) This is the sound I have been after. I am pleased !thumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts