Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the interest of getting a lower price for a new set of D&D slip-ons, who would be interested in a group buy? Please show hands only if you're ready and decided to get a D&D set of mufflers this July.

d&d-sh-bk.jpg d&d-sh-cr.jpg
d&d-st-bk.jpg d&d-st-cr.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm in! I was going to do this next year but if we get a good price on a group buy, please count me in.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I am interested but need some type of ballpark of cost in order to ensure it's in my budget. What do you hope to get as a discount through a group buy?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Aaarg! I am trying not to spend any more money on mods! But I want the D&Ds. Please let us know what the discount would be. Then I'll decide if I want to eat Romin for dinner for a few months ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you google "D&D exhaust" you will find the specs, install information and tuning requirements from the manuf. and prices from several vendors(if you are truly interested). How many people do we need to get a group purchase going?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The question of how much discount will be answered once we know how big our group is.

Once we get an idea of how big our group is we can approach various retailers and see how much of a price break we get. Without knowing how many we would order we cannot ask for discounts. This is not a commitment to buy no matter what, but just showing if you're interested to buy as a group instead of buying on your own.

Let's wait a few more days and give more members a chance to reply to see how many we are, and then we'll try to shop for a good price.

If we don't get a good enough discount, we can all go our own way and purchase individually, but I have a feeling the retailers will be interested in moving their inventory when a big order shows up.

Would be nice if we could get 10-12 members ready, but in reality, anything more than one is already a group. Two orders at the same time should still yield some sort of a discount.

So far, there's four us who are interested. If anybody else is interested, please post a reply.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I'd be interested, but the price would definitely have to come down appreciably to warrant buying.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would pop for a decent discount - I have other things further up the list....but a good discount would pull me in.

·
Registered
356 Posts
As much as I'd love to get these now, I don't think I could pop for em unless they are ridiculously cheap, like 1/2 price. Since I doubt that would happen, you can count me out this round :(

Doh. :(

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it will be cheaper than buying on your own. But if not ready to buy, then you're not ready. It took me a few months of finally accepting the look of the D&Ds as I was too in love with the stock look.

Anybody else interested?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Timing isn't right for me. Other priorities are eating up any extra funding in the budget. :crzy:

Thanks for taking the time to suggest the group buy. I hope there is enough interest with other members to make it work. thumb up

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: D&d

I know this is a XC thing, but you might get a bigger group if you opened up to the other VIC riders. I think the discount would be based on volume of any type not just for XC. If you think it would be appropriate to open this up, I would be interested for my 06 KP. Of course this would be dependent on the discount.

If not happy hunting.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd be all over this but I've already bought mine. I love the look and more important I love the sound and performance. The D&Ds are the ticket in my book.cheers

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I know this is a XC thing, but you might get a bigger group if you opened up to the other VIC riders. I think the discount would be based on volume of any type not just for XC. If you think it would be appropriate to open this up, I would be interested for my 06 KP. Of course this would be dependent on the discount.

If not happy hunting.
Great idea. D&D's for all! We'll include any Vic model the retailers carry. We'll add you to the list of potential buyers.

kingpin-slash-cr.jpg kingpin-vegas-str-cr.jpg
kingpin.jpg vision1.jpg

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
This was initially started for the XC/XR, but as kingpin6634 suggested, other folks with other Victory models might be interested as well, so we're expanding the group buy to include all Vic models for which there is a D&D pipe available.

So far, there are six of us. The more of us can stand together, the greater the discount we'll be able to negotiate. If you're interested in buying a set of D&D slip-ons, and are ready to buy this month (July 2011) if the price is right, please post and let us know.

We'll start knocking at a various retailer's doors to see what price we can negotiate once we get an idea of how many of us are ready to buy.

vision2.jpg vision3.jpg
vision4.jpg vision5.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interested if price is right...Currently waiting on my friend to get me pricing on a set (he owns a Harley custom Bike shop and gets me discounts on parts for my 2010 XC).

First post :)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interested if price is right...Currently waiting on my friend to get me pricing on a set (he owns a Harley custom Bike shop and gets me discounts on parts for my 2010 XC).

First post :)
Nice. Welcome aboard!

Could you ask your friend for a price quote on 6 sets for XR/XC and one set for 06' Kingpin?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Those who have shown interest, please check your private messages and reply a.s.a.p.

If you didn't get a private message from me, please message me to get on the list. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts