Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for slip on's for my boyfriends 13 Cross Country he currently has witchdoctor muscle mufflers. We are looking at D&D and Vance & Hines heard D&D yesterday...any performance differences? What muffler is better?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
what are you looking for in a muffler? sound? looks? price? performance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re:

performance...lost low end with the witch dr.s...and of course sound. Has pc 5, Lloyds timing and air filter.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
gotcha, yes you will lose low end on a basically gutted muffler, from all the numbers i believe the D&Ds are the top performer.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
D&D's do perform well. The V&H slips look great but I have not seen any performance #'s from them as they are fairly new to the XC's. If he wants loud then get D&D unwrapped. I have the wrapped and they sound perfect. No droning and an awesome roar when you get on it. A set of cams would really make a difference on his bike by the way.thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1423411368.724717.jpg
Vance and hines

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
securedownload%20-%20Copy.jpg

D&D'S baby all the way !!! :ride:

Compliments of KMC using a mobile DYNO outside in 90% humidity Daytona Beach!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Slick...with basically the same setup, the chart Drew posted with V&H's has you beat by a few HP and TQ :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
if you watch the charts, most of the slip ons result in hp/tq numbers within a couple either way, different dynos, different days, temps, etc all make a difference.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yes,yes.......... my point exactly...... that's why I mentioned the Florida humidity. Kyle said that weekend he was pulling #'s up to 110/110. He thought the D&D's may have attributed the 5HP/TQ gain I got over a set of Tri-ovals and others he tuned. Would have been great to see a set of V&H slips too but they weren't out then.

Still a fan of V&H and wouldn't hesitate to put a set on my XC
Just having some Sunday morning fun while enjoying a cup of coffee (Yes the gourmet kind) and a Stelladoro Biscotti......cheers

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Slick...with basically the same setup, the chart Drew posted with V&H's has you beat by a few HP and TQ :cool:
All good fun Pain..........thumb up
I wonder what my #'s would be in the Vic Shop climate. though...:D

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you are looking for a performance increase. I don't think that you will see much of any increase over Witchdoctor mustle slipons with any other slipons. You would be better off putting that money toward cams, timing wheel and a Pcv with a dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Say what? Hell even the stockers perform for that matter. I would love to see #'s from the WD muscle slip ons. Fact is slip ons mostly make noise. The gains do not justify some of the prices I see out there for these mufflers. The WD Muscle brand are as good as any and the price is certainly better.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
If you are looking for a performance increase. I don't think that you will see much of any increase over Witchdoctor mustle slipons with any other slipons. You would be better off putting that money toward cams, timing wheel and a Pcv with a dyno tune.

the wd mufflers are pretty much gutted stockers, and like they said they lost low end power with them, which is typical of a gutted stock muffler. by putting a muffler on with a baffle in it they will gain over the wd mufflers

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Looking for slip on's for my boyfriends 13 Cross Country he currently has witchdoctor muscle mufflers. We are looking at D&D and Vance & Hines heard D&D yesterday...any performance differences? What muffler is better?
O.K Spoonerc.............Which did you go with?.......wac

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Atom Bombs all the way. Power and price.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts