Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad recently bought a XC Tour with all of the Lloydz performance goodies and I have an regular XC with all the Lloydz performance goodies as well. Performance parts speaking they are nearly identical bikes. Both have the VM1 Cams, High Flow Air Filter and Adjustable Timing Wheel. The only difference between the two bikes is that my XC has RPW slip on mufflers and his XC Tour has D&D Boss slip on mufflers.

Two days ago I took both bikes to be dyno tuned by a small shop that the local Victory shop says is the best for Victory motorcycles. This shop uses a Dynostar Dyno out of the Netherlands. It is supposed to be a very good dyno but it is a Eddy Brake Dyno rather than a inertial dyno like a DynoJet Dyno. So you really can't compare power figures from this Dyno to most other dyno's (the torque numbers are much higher than shown on a Dynojet Dyno). But these bikes are nearly identical and were dyno tuned by the same guy on the same day.

It's interesting that both bikes basically have identical max power figures, about 107 HP & 128 ft-lbs. But, from about 3200 rpm to 5300 rpm the D&D mufflers have a distinct advantage over the RPW mufflers. There looks to be about a 8 HP & 8 ft-lbs difference at 4300 rpm. The power curves are basically identical except the RPW's fall off at 3200 rpm and don't catch back up until 5300 rpm.

8 HP & 8 ft-lbs of torque is a pretty big difference. I guess there is a reason why most of the Victory performance guys recommend the D&D mufflers. I'm not changing my RPW mufflers any time soon, the D&D's are just too quiet for me. But it is interesting that the D&D's perform so much better.

I just thought that I would share since I found it interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
The D&D curves look very similar to what "us" Miller muffler users get.... :smile

1 - 2 of 2 Posts