Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My D&D slip-ons sound a little different lately and I was thinking that the wrap is worn out. Has anyone removed the wrap that has D&D's? If so, Are your pipes a lot louder? I can handle a deeper sound.

Also is the un-wrapped version of the slip-ons using the same baffle and just wrapping that baffle or is it an entirely different baffle?

Finally how difficult to remove these baffles?

Thanks in advance.thumb up

·
Registered
263 Posts
Slic, I've had both versions on my bike. I was sent the unwrapped by mistake when I ordered the pipes, they were too loud for me at cruise. I sent them back and got the wrapped version. For me it was a noticeable difference. To get the baffles out, you would need to take the mufflers off the bike and pound them out from the front opening. I would think sooner or later they would need to be rewrapped. But you could call D&D to check if the baffles were the same on both with just the wrapping making the difference. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Come on people.....We need more input...
I will be ordering some D&D's real soon.....:confused:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Wrapped softens the sound a bit, and takes away that metallic sound you get with unwrapped baffles. You'd have to be really picky to hate one but love the other. That being said, if you're going for D&D's, you probably want a wrapped set. If you want the loudest you can get, there are louder pipes that cost less than the D&D slip-ons.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slic, I've had both versions on my bike. I was sent the unwrapped by mistake when I ordered the pipes, they were too loud for me at cruise. I sent them back and got the wrapped version. For me it was a noticeable difference. To get the baffles out, you would need to take the mufflers off the bike and pound them out from the front opening. I would think sooner or later they would need to be rewrapped. But you could call D&D to check if the baffles were the same on both with just the wrapping making the difference. Hope this helps.
Thanks BH. Appreciate the feed back and I know what your talking about with the 2 different sound levels. Wrapped for me and I guess I will wait until it is absolutely necessary before I hammer those baffles out. Doesn't sound bad at all just a little different. Probably the baffle wrap just wearing/burning.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
D&D Baffle Removal /Installation Instructions (click to download)
View attachment 58281
Nice Job Mr. Administrator! That helps. How' s your bike doing? I read on another post you are considering a cam party. Good luck with that. Hope it happens for you and the group. There will be lots a smiles when its done! thumb up

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hemidan, Get the wrapped. They are a nice throaty sounding pipe and looking at my sig you can see they have no problem making power. KMC says one of the best. If you get unwrapped you could always wrap them too. Just a PITA!

I only started/inquired on this thread because when I remove the baffles I may just throw em back in unwrapped but I know I wont like it. I already have 2 other loud bikes that after a while they annoy me. The wrapped D&D's are the best I have heard yet.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hemidan, Get the wrapped. They are a nice throaty sounding pipe and looking at my sig you can see they have no problem making power. KMC says one of the best. If you get unwrapped you could always wrap them too. Just a PITA!

I only started/inquired on this thread because when I remove the baffles I may just throw em back in unwrapped but I know I wont like it. I already have 2 other loud bikes that after a while they annoy me. The wrapped D&D's are the best I have heard yet.
Thanks
Then I will have to have my own Cam Party.....:ltr:

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I have the D&D unwrapped pipes. And they sound perfect. Any quieter I wouldn't like em. They have the perfect sound. IMHO

Here is a little youtube clip I made:

I start the bike at about 2:20 in the video:

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Thanks
sweet bike and it does sound good...thumb up
Thanks man,

You'll notice its only deep and loud behind the bike. When your sitting on it, it's much much quieter. So unless your gunning it, or trying to show them off they are still a respectable sounding pipe. I would think having them wrapped would be closer to a stage 1 vic sound. Which is barely above the stock pipes.

I kinda grew out of the loud obnoxious pipe stage. These D&D's unwrapped kind of gives you both. You rev it hard, or gun it, they come alive. You try to save on gas and ride her easy. She won't affect your hearing, or music for that matter.

I've never personally heard the wrapped D&D's. But I could just guess how much quieter they would be. And that wouldn't warrant the cost of the pipe's for me anyway. ;)
I wanted performance and the option of bringing them alive when I wanted too. Best performance pipe on the market.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks man,

You'll notice its only deep and loud behind the bike. When your sitting on it, it's much much quieter. So unless your gunning it, or trying to show them off they are still a respectable sounding pipe. I would think having them wrapped would be closer to a stage 1 vic sound. Which is barely above the stock pipes.

I kinda grew out of the loud obnoxious pipe stage. These D&D's unwrapped kind of gives you both. You rev it hard, or gun it, they come alive. You try to save on gas and ride her easy. She won't affect your hearing, or music for that matter.

I've never personally heard the wrapped D&D's. But I could just guess how much quieter they would be. And that wouldn't warrant the cost of the pipe's for me anyway. ;)
I wanted performance and the option of bringing them alive when I wanted too. Best performance pipe on the market.
Thanks again,that helps me alot
And I plan on doing about the exact same mods that are in your signature,too..........:crzy:............:D

Sorry for jacking your Thread, slickvic...

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Thanks again,that helps me alot
And I plan on doing about the exact same mods that are in your signature,too..........:crzy:............:D

Sorry for jacking your Thread, slickvic...
Great minds think alike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts