Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the install instructions I seem to have lost mine as to how to install mine Thanks Much

·
13,003 Posts
Does anyone have the install instructions I seem to have lost mine as to how to install mine Thanks Much
No knowing what break pedal your installing. It hard to tell you what to do.
Just guessing first step would be is take a vice grip put it on old peg as tight as you can get it and unscrew old one.
From here on in I'm guessing but bolt on new one

Never hear of a "Dain" break pedal

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just did mine this past weekend. Vise grips unscrew the peg. Then you will have bolt internal star washer pedal external star washer. Allow the pedal to face down, start the bolt snug it up. I suggest to adjust the pedal angle now than tighten. I carried a wrench to tweak to where I wanted them. How this helps

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hey VJ

It is spelled
B R A K E

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I wonder if VJ is using some sort of voice diction system...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I broke the bolt taking the old one off! Any suggestions. I'm thinking, drill it out and re-tap? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks VJ! Picked up an easy-out last night. Also purchased a Grabit screw extractor, as seen on TV!wac We see tonight, if it as seen on TV!

·
Registered
282 Posts
And perhaps put a touch on it to melt the thread lock before using the easy out.
Thanks Richie! I thought about using a heat gun on low. The maker of the pedal, said I would just harden the bolt, and make it impossible to drill. Damage the chrome and see very little benefit from the heat. The bolt is COVERED with red lock- tite. I'm inclined to agree with you. I think I'll try a little heat!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here's an update. As seen on TV extractor,... NOT EVEN CLOSE! Might work with a wood screw. (in soft wood). Nearly broke an easy out! ended up drilling it for a thru bolt, m8x1.25 worked prefect with a lock nut. Moral of the story,... is in the instructions,... "do NOT break the bolt"... Nice product, looks great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts