Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dain's Kuryakyn break pedal. The rubber pads are easy to replace and readily available from Kuryakyn when the time comes to replace them.

The pedal comes preassembled and all you have to do is remove the stock brake peg and install the new pedal with the supplied bolt. No drilling and ruining the brake arm. This install takes five minutes from start to finish and you are done.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Cool. Where did you get this? I'd be worried how sturdy that angle bracket is...

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I was interested till i saw how it bolts on. If i get a brake pedal i will get a matching shifter but i have to be able to shift from the bottom of it. I dont(wont) use a heel shifter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was interested till i saw how it bolts on. If i get a brake pedal i will get a matching shifter but i have to be able to shift from the bottom of it. I dont(wont) use a heel shifter.

You may like these from Kuryakyn, they are longer than the stock Victory pegs and look a whole lot better. They use a bolt that goes all the way through the peg and bolts to the stock shift and brake levers.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/920/iso-shift-brake-pegs

I thought I would not like a heel shifter but I have changed my mind after buying the Victory brand heel shifter it sits out of the way and is always right there when you need it. It allows you to use the entire floorboard without crowding your foot in any way.

http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2878176(PolarisPGACatalog)

Just because it shows up in the photo you may like the FMB choppers Victory shift rod. It is a nice heavy duty highly polished part that is of high quality.

http://fmbchopperparts.com/victory-cross-country-polished-diamond-shift-rod-victory-shift-p-2769.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
hmmmmmmm... looks good but ... does it improve your braking any? :D

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmmmmmm... looks good but ... does it improve your braking any? :D
Actually over the stock peg that comes with the bike yes it does improve the braking. The feel is much better and this pedal is in the right place compared to the small peg Victory uses on the bikes.

Victory should be using this pedal from the factory.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Thanks. I had extended shifter rods made a while back out of stainless, looks stock but now i can run the pedals in the forward position. If i do change pedals i would probably go with the soft one you posted.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I installed Dain's brake pedal tonight. Easy install, and it's a heavy, quality piece. I feel a lot more comfortable with finding it and using it in an emergency situation than I do the OEM peg.

The only downside is that it magnifies the flimsy feel of the Victory brake assembly. But it's still a worthwhile upgrade. And I ordered a Kuryakyn shift peg to match.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Dain's Kuryakyn break pedal. The rubber pads are easy to replace and readily available from Kuryakyn when the time comes to replace them.

The pedal comes preassembled and all you have to do is remove the stock brake peg and install the new pedal with the supplied bolt. No drilling and ruining the brake arm. This install takes five minutes from start to finish and you are done.
While I don't remember if they are Dain's Kuryakyn, I have the exact ones on my bike, both brake and shifter and like the looks of them, a lot. When I first got them, over a year ago, I had a heck of a time with the rubber pads coming off and had to replace several of them because the double sided tape was a joke. I tried super glue and 2-part epoxy, both of which worked for a short time. Solution was to use stronger double sided tape and now no problems.

You can get them here, he is a Victory rider as well. The pedal is very solid and does not give or bend at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victory-Vision-Cross-Roads-Cross-Country-brake-peg-to-pedal-conversion-kit-/150735968775
I disagree with them not bending. Both of mine have bent.

I have the matching shifter and the solution to the mounting bolt on the bottom was that it came with a simple piece of foam glued to the bottom that covers the bolt. You can't see it, but it protects your toe from the bolt and provides a soft shifting surface.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
While I don't remember if they are Dain's Kuryakyn, I have the exact ones on my bike.

I disagree with them not bending. Both of mine have bent.
There are some others making a pedal as well but from my understanding they are not as strong as the pedal from Dain. He even warns of this and to be careful of the knock offs. You would have to be a real gorilla to bend Dain's pedal. I have the one that Dain is making and it is very stiff and has not moved at all since I installed it.

There is no way you are going to bend the pedal Dain is making on the shifter side and even on the brake side you would be pushing so hard on the brake pedal that you would have to be standing in the seat on it and I doubt his would bend even at that. I am not saying you could not bend the one Dain is making but I highly doubt you would ever bend his pedal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've had Dain's break pedal on for nearly 8k miles. It has worked flawlessly and reliably since day one. The feedback it provides is superb. If I ever get a new Vic, Dain's pedal will be my first purchase. If you're gonna ride using Jerry Paladino's braking techniques, you must have this pedal.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I've had Dain's break pedal on for nearly 8k miles. It has worked flawlessly and reliably since day one. The feedback it provides is superb. If I ever get a new Vic, Dain's pedal will be my first purchase. If you're gonna ride using Jerry Paladino's braking techniques, you must have this pedal.
Whos Jerry Paladino?

·
Premium Member
214 Posts

I have purchased Dain's pedal as well and LOVE it. It's base is a Kury pedal with Dain't patented bracket. Worth every penny. Puts the pedal where you can easily find it. Good work DAIN
bcflyguy

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts