Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turning left from a redlight I hit the far curb and dropped the bike at a slow speed. I picked the bike up and saw that I had scratched the exhaust and a small dent in the front fender. Bike would not re-start. Used my free towing and had it hauled to my dealer. The repair estimate was huge! The bigest being a cracked head and also found a piece of metal in the engine. I was told it was from a gear.

Cosmetic work, new exhaust, new head and gear is over 6k. My advice is don't be looking at good looking babes on other bikes while trying to make a turn. In fact keep your eyes on the road as these bikes and your body are fragile!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Maaann! Sorry about that. Glad you are ok but I know what you mean when it comes to checking out hot chicks on a bike. :D(or just standing on the curb)
I agree about the crash bars but man they make the bike look ugly. :cool:
And that's why I don't have one. :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Ok after reading this I learned a few things.
Never look at a hot chick on a bike, as you will more than likely drop your bike and look a fool in the eyes of said chick. No disrespect meant, been there a few times almost just missed shifts and stalls :)

the other thing I learned. No matter how ugly an engine guard makes your look, get one :)

Next thing on my shopping list for sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts