Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adjusted my antenna on my black 2013 CCT and needed to remove my right side hard saddlebag. My buddy and I fastened the screws and moved on. I took my bike out for a ride after installing a new Lloydz Hi/Flo air filter. Went around a left hand turn then a right hand turn and another right hand turn and that is when it fell off. It skidded across the pavement and cause some damage on the lid,side and bottom.

Any suggestions on how to repair this or is it best just to replace it?
Is it easy to repair? Can a local body shop repair it?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Depends on how much damage and where it is. You could claim it but between deductible or whether the adjuster believed the deer story you might just as well get a new one.

If I was considering repairing a hard bag and didn't think my skills were up to the challenge, I would ask for a good resin guy at a marina. Boat guys do some nice work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your help! I took my right saddlebag to an auto body shop today. The shop stated it would take a few weeks to repair it. After checking with my dealership it was going to run about 1400 to replace it. All I need to do is to buy the hinge for 199.99 and 7.99 for the oval red reflector. Hopefully it all works out in the end!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts