Attachments

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Beautiful bike!!! What are the odds of me winning the lottery?:confused:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Rode one today and, [email protected]&$!, now I want it.
Same with me. I took one out yesterday at the Phoenix Bike Fest demo. It had the mini apes and tri ovals on it as well. And the bag lid speakers/amp really do add a nice kick. I love that bike. It has enough differences to make me want to trade in my 13 XC for it.

What really convinced me that the X1 will be in my near future is that I took out a $40k+ Road Glide Ultra CVO just before I rode the X1. I don't get all the hype on the new Harley. First off, it just doesn't fit me well at 6'2", and then there is just nothing special to justify spending almost DOUBLE of what a new X1 costs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
I wanted to ride the X-1 there at the demo in Glendale but there were too many others wanting to. I didn't feel like standing there that long. It did look and feel good just sitting on the bike though with the apes they had on it. I guess the apes are not stock. I settled on one the Magnum's which is the same but with the stock bars and it felt pretty much the same as my XC with the Ness seat on it.

What impressed me was the Indian line and that Scout has got amazing quickness to it; even with a big guy like me on it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I jumped on the X-1 late friday at bike fest only to have the left grip litterally slide off as I was getting on.

I decided to not take that around the block

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
I jumped on the X-1 late friday at bike fest only to have the left grip litterally slide off as I was getting on.

It was loose right from the start on Thursday when I pointed it out to the guys running the demo. One would think they would drill a hole and put a set screw or fix it some other way asap.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It was loose right from the start on Thursday when I pointed it out to the guys running the demo. One would think they would drill a hole and put a set screw or fix it some other way asap.
Yeah in the heat of the day friday afternoon it was sliding off without any resistance.

·
Registered
597 Posts

Yeah in the heat of the day friday afternoon it was sliding off without any resistance.
Holy......

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yup there was line to ride that X1. I noticed the lose grip too but still rode it. The harley demos were so disorganized. I rode a harley and had no clue what it was called but it just reaffirmed why I drive a victory now. Total garbage. It was one of the glitter bikes.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sat on the Magnum when I went shopping for scoots.. Wanted one.. Very Nice.. But.. Let's face it.. I'm just not cool enough to ride one..

If I was in my 20's ..and single.. Then, yes.. A Magnum, an X1 would be my ride.. But, since life has beaten me down something unmerciful ever-since I turned the age of 23, I figure a XCT is more for me thumb up

·
Registered
399 Posts
What is funny is there was no line when I went. It was litterally the last ride of the day. Nobody jumped on the X1 so I went to and then screw it and jumped on the hammer.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And now it's mine!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
What! No way!! That was completed in record time.:D

Congratulations on the new ride!

cheers

·
Registered
597 Posts
RIDE on!
Congrats, and welcome to the X club..(well,maybe we should start one) ;)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! Yeah, it happened quickly and I was sad to trade my XCT in but I've had it five years, more than any other bike I've owned.

The dealership still has a boatload of farkles to install and these will get done at the 500 mile break-in so it's all stock for now. I have plenty to do on the bike, though, like figure out the Bluetooth and how to remove/reinstall the bag spacers. Oh... and ride, ride, ride. cheers

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Good for you J-Man! Are you thinking of trying the apes they offer for it now? Have you sat on one with them installed? They really feel good IMHO. I assume you will do the standard performance mods so she runs and good as she looks.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good for you J-Man! Are you thinking of trying the apes they offer for it now? Have you sat on one with them installed? They really feel good IMHO. I assume you will do the standard performance mods so she runs and good as she looks.

I'm not a fan of apes, myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts