Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a week of blissful ownership my eighteen year old daughter decided to sit on the bike and stand it up needless to say she couldn't and over it went . Damage so far broke right front turn, brake lever, messed up the mirror bar end cover and scratched up the mufflers pretty good to top it off it was in the church parking lot. I felt sick to my stomach she cried shes ok nothing happened to her. She just feels bad that it happened. My concern is how much it is going to cost to repair it. Oh and I think the handlebars themselves are tweaked to.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well after a week of blissful ownership my eighteen year old daughter decided to sit on the bike and stand it up needless to say she couldn't and over it went . Damage so far broke right front turn, brake lever, messed up the mirror bar end cover and scratched up the mufflers pretty good to top it off it was in the church parking lot. I felt sick to my stomach she cried shes ok nothing happened to her. She just feels bad that it happened. My concern is how much it is going to cost to repair it. Oh and I think the handlebars themselves are tweaked to.

ugh...facepalm. I feel your pain brother.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's what ins is for. Accidents happen.

I agree. Had something similar happen about 5 years ago. Based on your insurance history it should be cheaper in the long run to just make a claim. You will want that bike to look like it did the day you brought it happen. Life happens. At least no one was hurt but it still sucks!

·
13,003 Posts
Hug and hold your Daughter closer then ever. She far more importin then the bike.
Call insurance see what they say and don't throw it in your Daughters face ever how much it coast.

Maybe you can find some parts on ebay

·
Registered
104 Posts
Glad your daughter did not get hurt, have insurance cover cost & chalk it up to a life lesson. I'm sure she has.

Sent from my nifty phone!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Sounds like someone's upgrading their grips and maybe exhausts! Nice. cheers

·
Registered
403 Posts
Chances are you can get everything fixed yourself for less than the deductible depending on what it is. Check around, I fixed the broken shift lever (free from an awesome member here), new mirrors, bar end and turn signal for under $100.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hug and hold your Daughter closer then ever. She far more importin then the bike.

Call insurance see what they say and don't throw it in your Daughters face ever how much it coast.

Maybe you can find some parts on ebay

Great advice as a father of a 14 and 16 year old myself. Lord knows I messed up plenty as a kid!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will admit I was a little mad and sick to my stomach a bit, but. I got over it after I had the bike home and put up went back to church and gave her a big hug and told her it's just stuff and stuff can be repaired. I won't rub it in her face joke about it with her yep. I think she felt worse about it than I did.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Damm- they are the worst types of accidents Greg- sorry to hear about it buddy.

Two wheels will always come down one day- we have to accept that. Unfortunately for you it was on your exhaust side. Hope the repairs go well for you, and your daughter is cool.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It sucks but I agree in letting your daughter know she's more important to you than the bike.

I've also dropped my bikes a time or two myself. It happens. That's why I think highway bars are worth their weight in gold. Personally I'd look at Lindby bars if I had a Judge. A little more expensive but I think they complement the look a lot more.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah goatlocker that may be a future purchase . Been outside playing with it the only thing that I have to go to victory for will be the turn indicator and brake lever the rest is cosmetic and had to loosen the bars and risers and readjust them. Has anyone touched up the paint on their exhaust thinking of using semi gloss vht header paint. And the daughter is all good.

·
Registered
640 Posts
It sucks that happened and atleast your daughter didnt get hurt. Now its rule time.. rule no 1: nobody goes near the bike. rule no 2: read rule no 1... I tell my kids to stay away from my bike period unless im giving you a ride there is no need to be near it. hope all the damage is easy fix...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well parts are on order to the tune of 154 bucks for the brake lever and turn signal and 26 bucks for a cool set of mirrors off of ebay still waiting on the powder coater to call me back for an estimate on the mufflers. Sorry crossroads couldn't spring for new pipes this close to buying. I know that pipes wouldn't be enough then I would have to have the S&S intake and power commander 5 . The wife put the kabosh on that so gonna roll the stock pipes at least till I figure out a better slip on alternative.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Greg, you didn't mention crash bars. When I got hit from the left (by an 18 year old girl on the phone) I went down to the right and the crash bar prevented any other damage other that a scuff on the bottom of the bar and the bottom of the side case. Could not be seen unless you're laying on the ground. They saved my leg too. What's that worth to ya?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well got to do a little bit at a time when I went down on the Honda it had crash bars the bar folded over and broke my foot bike didn't get to messed up though. So having said that I'm not sure crash bars are for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts