Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anybody on this forum running a car tire on their xr i,ve ran them on harley,s goldwings and even a 650 burgman my dealer told me that it might void my warranty on my victory i think i might send a email to the factory and see if it does i allways got about 4 times the mile,s out of the rear tire and had no problems with handleing even in the twisties road a lot softer to me coments welcomed and i know there be some negative but that,s the nature of darksideing

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
is anybody on this forum running a car tire on their xr i,ve ran them on harley,s goldwings and even a 650 burgman my dealer told me that it might void my warranty on my victory i think i might send a email to the factory and see if it does i allways got about 4 times the mile,s out of the rear tire and had no problems with handleing even in the twisties road a lot softer to me coments welcomed and i know there be some negative but that,s the nature of darksideing
, = ' ? :confused:

·
Registered
265 Posts
You are opening up a can of worms on this one. There are several websites devoted to darksiding. (Riding on the Darkside has a section devoted to Victory.)Yes, it can be done on the CORE based bikes.

Void the warrantee? If your dealer thinks it will, go to another dealer, IMHO.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Darkside is an interesting subject. I am sure the "experts" on it will be along.

As for voiding a waranty? Are you kidding me? They are "experts" too. Probably have thousands of miles on them, every one.

If you want, do it. The only thing that they might be able to harp on is if the rear rim went bad. Just a chance you have to take.
MC will pass inspection here with a DS tire.

Go to a DS forum and check it out, dealers, manufacturers, and "experts" will all tell you their delaminating tires are safer.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts

·
13,188 Posts
ron gerhart

Victory will tell you no warranty for you.

Yes there are lots of us running a CT on our bikes. Running a CT does not afect your warranty of your insurance.
If something does happen they would half to prove that the CT was at fault.
If you over load the bike and the tire rubs the paint off its your fault not theres. If you have a flat and crash its your fault not the tire or factory. If you miss aline the rear tire and rip the belt its your fault not thers.
You'll probly half to find a aftermarket shop to mount it I dought your dealer will.
Yes the bike handles fine its all up to you the rider. Yes you might not take corners or curves like a MC tire.

Save this law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

here is darkside http://darkside.nwff.info/

Go to youtube and look for dark side on motorcycle and you'll find a bunch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts