Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping around for a new rear tire and wondered if anyone has gone Darkside on a stock rear 18" fender and if so what size tire did you buy? Have been doing a lot of reading and i am thinking about converting since my tire is getting shot.

·
Premium Member
6,139 Posts
I understand that the weight of these bikes, jackpot / Vegas / Gunner / Kingpin is not enough

Only CC or Vision can do dark side, but I do not have any experience with this, sorry mate....

Edit, there are some HUGE info threads on this subject, very interesting stuff,, run flat winter tires etc etc

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
13,033 Posts
Steel frame bike don't work well with car tires cause of the stiffness of the frame. Your frame does not flex so you would be asking for trouble in curves and cloverleafs.
You should not do it to be honest with you

·
Premium Member
13,287 Posts
Yeah, about the only way to do it on a KP is to put a Vision or XC wheel on it with whatever changes that means. But as Andre said; a KP really isn't heavy enough to bother with it.

I had one on a Harley Softail once and while I liked it in the straights the twisties were far better with the motorcycle tire (MT). Could be I just had the wrong car tire (CT) on it and I've seen CT's on light Honda cruisers who seemed to like it just fine.

If you could find one to fit your existing 18" wheel and fit in without rubbing; it might be worth a try. Something I discovered before mounting my last CT on my XC is the tire would not fit up into the wheel well before being mounted on the wheel and aired up. I guess it made the tire taller and slimmer. Just something to keep in mind if you do try to find a tire that'll fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts