Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it was a good day to get this little project done. I've been thinking about the look. I've seen enough color matched to the bike that I knew I wanted to do something a little different. I'm going with an aluminum silver color to match the black/silver of the engine and since I like subtle highlights I'm going to paint red lightning blots round the bezels and grills. Here's the first steps.

Cleaning

Primed

Gotta hit the gym, then I'll finish these up later on.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got back late and had to wait on the spray coats to dry overnight before painting the detailing. After a couple of iterations, I'm not happy yet with the bezels so I keep at it until I find what I'm looking for. I do like how the grills came out, take a look below. I will get a dash pic once done.
Prep:

Sprayed:

Grills done:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks cool , what happened with the bezels ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not seeing the pictures. has a red x there. Would like to check out what ya did.

·
Registered
597 Posts
pretty kool

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not seeing the pictures. has a red x there. Would like to check out what ya did.
Sry, didn't seem like there was much interest in this thread and I was going through a few more change ups. For me getting the bezels and grills to look right together was the issue. So in the end I simplified things. Putting the final coats on tonight, I'll get complete pics up asap ;)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I been waiting to pull the trigger on the Witchdoctors painted inner fairing , just went on to order it and it went up more then 100.00 , this is very disappointing to me . Guess I waited too long , BUT A 100.00 INCREASE ?:soapbox:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I passed on it . :(

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
FWIW Mags; I try to buy larger ticket items during one of the sales they have like Christmas, Memorial Day, Independence Day, etc. Usually get the best deals then.

Jon is a good guy but you have to watch the amount they charge for shipping. If it's clearly too high; say something. He will give credit or refund some amount if he is made aware of it. They do a fairly high volume of business so some things go unnoticed.

For $100 or thereabouts; you could buy the paint from Victory and have it done locally. Especially during their slow time like right now. Some places can even color match using their high tech color reader so you would not even need to buy more paint that you need.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I hear you BBob , I like Jon , have spent about 1100.00 with him this last year , and I am a VooDoo member too so shipping is a non issue , I always build my orders to be over 100.00 at a time . But , I was about to pull the trigger on this item that was about 208.00 with my VooDoo discount , and now its up around 320.00 . Guess I'm a little shocked , this completely circumvents being a discount member if the prices just all go up . Getting the VooDoo discounts and free shipping is probably costing Jon too much and he is losing money . I AM NOT BASHING JON , he is one of the best Vic parts providers going , I will continue to buy everything I can from him , but the part went up 1/3 overnight , and I really wanted it ! I guess I'm going to the local body shop and have mine painted . We here at Ford have about 40 body shops I deal with everyday , I could probably get it done for free now that I think about it .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll get an in-dash pic pic tomorrow, for now here's the finished parts:

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Pain I think that's going to look great! I am taking my inner fairing for paint this weekend. I might not paint my speaker grills...

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pain I think that's going to look great! I am taking my inner fairing for paint this weekend. I might not paint my speaker grills...
IMO painted grills would add too much color to the dash...unless you're going for a totally blended look they should be left black.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
PaiN , looking forward to seeing them on your bike , how does the color match the bike color ?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts