I was able to modify the parts inside of the headlight bucket to except and properly hold the DayMaker headlight. Pics will follow but here's what I did.... The first thing I noticed was that the headlight bucket has a plastic cage inside. You will need to keep that as it forms a ring on the outer perimeter of the inside of the bucket that gives the rubber isolators gasket something to back up to. I used my Dremel and cut away the cage portion from the outer ring and used an X-Acto knife to remove burrs and melted plastic. Next I took the rubber isolator ring and modified it with an X-Acto knife. I cut the indent white enough to except the outer lip of the DayMaker. I also removed all of the rubber fingers as well. From there it was a simple reinstallation of the plastic ring from the inner cage in the isolator ring onto the headlight, plug it in, inserted properly, and install the chrome trim ring. All in all I would say I spent 20 to 30 minutes modifying the parts. I also purchased a new rubber ring from victory for $26 and found someone that is giving me a new plastic cage. This way, if there is ever a problem with my Daymaker, I can go back to stock in a matter of minutes and not lose any riding time. Results may vary and I do not take responsibility should you try this but I am very happy with the results and it looks OEM.
20.1 KB Views: 36