Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok went out this morning... Started the bike.. Started out the drive and it just died. Started it up a couple of times, but just died. Now nothing, no lights etc. I haven't pulled the battery yet but I am thinking it might be he battery. It is 2 years old. Any thoughts ?
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Ok went out this morning... Started the bike.. Started out the drive and it just died. Started it up a couple of times, but just died. Now nothing, no lights etc. I haven't pulled the battery yet but I am thinking it might be he battery. It is 2 years old. Any thoughts ?
Jim
Good place to start.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mags.. The electronics act weird too. I am trying to trickle charge enough to get it on a lift.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any suggestions for a good battery? I don't want to go to the dealer

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Mags.. The electronics act weird too. I am trying to trickle charge enough to get it on a lift.
This is normal activity for these bikes with a dying battery , nothing out of the ordinary . spanknut24 just had to replace his battery only a year old , he called me saying his bike was a complete freakout electrically , it was the battery .

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
If it started up fine, no struggle, and later died, then possibly voltage regulator fried.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it started up fine, no struggle, and later died, then possibly voltage regulator fried.
Where are the Voltage regulators on these things.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
On the very bottom, behind the battery, under the engine. Has lots of cooling fins on it.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the very bottom, behind the battery, under the engine. Has lots of cooling fins on it.
I am hoping it is not the VR

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Put a voltmeter on the battery and see what you have Jim , don't get worked up over it till you have it diagnosed .

·
Registered
780 Posts
Any suggestions for a good battery? I don't want to go to the dealer
Firstly- Mags is correct.. But- If it were something like the VR that has gone bad- you may want to replace both anyway.

Batteries & bulbs (or batteries +) has a terrific Duracell gel. Damn good battery for me so far- about $125 - core. Tested WAAAAAYYY over the rated CCA- literally right off the shelf. It could have been there for weeks for all I know.

The OEM YUASA has proven to be very much a POS in my experience. Others have been fine with it.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Put a voltmeter on the battery and see what you have Jim , don't get worked up over it till you have it diagnosed .
You are absolutley right.. I am just glad it died in My driveway ! :)

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Start with simple first, check fuses.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
I've been very happy with Chromebattery.com. Shipped right to my door for $62 in just a couple of days. Just bought a backup last week even though both mine are fine. I'm on year 3 for both but since I live in AZ I figured a backup wouldn't hurt; especially at those prices. If you order from them; give their alkaline batteries a try too. I'm amazed at how long they last compared to name brand batteries.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Firstly- Mags is correct.. But- If it were something like the VR that has gone bad- you may want to replace both anyway.

Batteries & bulbs (or batteries +) has a terrific Duracell gel. Damn good battery for me so far- about $125 - core. Tested WAAAAAYYY over the rated CCA- literally right off the shelf. It could have been there for weeks for all I know.

The OEM YUASA has proven to be very much a POS in my experience. Others have been fine with it.
Hey Judge.. I did see that Batteries PLUS. has one at 149 plus 10$ rebate Plus $10 and it is 310 CCA. But it is not a gel type Duracell.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Jim , up to you but I would stay away from the gel . I remember Kevinx saying a lot of Vic's do not respond well to them , Vic's are finicky enough without throwing extra gas on the fire .

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Hey Judge.. I did see that Batteries PLUS. has one at 149 plus 10$ rebate Plus $10 and it is 310 CCA. But it is not a gel type Duracell.
Geez. I give you info on one of the best gel batteries available for $62 and 310 CCA and you want to throw your money away at Batteries Plus at twice the price. People. I just don't understand them at all.

Jim , up to you but I would stay away from the gel . I remember Kevinx saying a lot of Vic's do not respond well to them , Vic's are finicky enough without throwing extra gas on the fire .
Mags. The gel batteries are fine. It's the lithium batteries that are fickle with Vic's.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Geez. I give you info on one of the best gel batteries available for $62 and 310 CCA and you want to throw your money away at Batteries Plus at twice the price. People. I just don't understand them at all.

Mags. The gel batteries are fine. It's the lithium batteries that are fickle with Vic's.
Bob I didn't mean to offend you . I didn't see your post. The fact is I don't want to wait for the battery, but it is certainly worth a look. I will pull the battery tomorrow and check it on a meter, then decide if I will order or go to your source.. Thanks for the info.. It was truly appreciated !

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Oh. Ok. I understand then. Chrome is in the center of the country which is why they can get their batteries sent out and to the customer so fast. If you had ordered, say this morning, you would have it by Friday and the weekend. I'm pretty sure they use USPS so they could probably get it to you by Saturday if you ordered one tomorrow. You might check with them to be sure though. Again; their alkaline batteries are also amazing.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts