Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that

Bike has sat in garage for a week. Turned on key and had nothing, not even indicator lights. Pulled battery and put on charger but shows charge OK. Put charger on battery leads and got nothing when key on - not even indicator lights. Found bolt loose on positive pole when pulled battery. Checked fuses and all ok, and checked relays all seem ok with no evidence of scorching on leads. Any other suggestions????

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kill switch on? Is there a way to bypass the switch? Switch went bad?
I am not sure which models but some Vics had a bad ground so you would need to do a search at TheVMC.com and see what turns up.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
You said you hooked your battery charger up to the terminals? Without a battery its not going to show anything when you turn the key.

Make sure you check both ends of the battery cables that they are all secure. This is a common problem and it USUALLY is a loose battery cable or ground.

KevinX is in Daytona. He is our local authority. Hopefully he will chime in on this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
diamondrmp....you were right...loose connection on battery...don't understand how it could come loose but I am up and running...thanx!

·
Registered
243 Posts
what seems to work for me is i use fingernail polish on the threads as a locker, it dries quick, holds extremely well while not that hard to remove, ..... no color doesn't matter,

steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.