Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

As you can see, I'm new to the forum and actually not a Victory owner - yet. I'm in the searching mode and along with all the things I'm learning about the bike, there is one that I came across somewhere but can't get any confirmation on. I had heard/read somewhere that there was extra functionality that could be displayed in the instrument cluster if the dealer enabled it - which cost some extra $$. I can't remember exactly what the features were but it was things like oil temp and other info that you might like to keep an eye on while cruising.

Anyone have the real info on this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Haven't heard that.wac

·
Registered
545 Posts
There was a thread about gauge functions. Do a search. Or call a dealer.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
I want my global warming back...

·
Registered
701 Posts
This is what I found:

An authorized Victory® dealer must perform a reflash to unlock these features: second trip meter, tachometer in the LCD, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy, fuel range, trip time, volt meter and ambient air temperature.

My CCT has these already.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Wonder if that was just for 2011 models? My 2012 has these features.

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or call a dealer.

I want my global warming back...
Actually I talked to a dealer today who said he went to Australia to help train dealers there (implying he was knowledgeable) and had never heard of such a thing.

Regarding your signature, I think we got your warm up, 98° at my house right now! And then while I'm at the light, the radiator fan on my bike comes on for a bit of convection oven effect. Gotta love it!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Its listed on the Vic website under accessories ... Its 49.95 to have it unlocked . I'm not sure if the ambient temp sensor is included or not however ....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I don't understand how some of these Vic dealers survive with absolutely zero product knowledge , even my dealer who seems pretty good learn more things from me then I do from them .... Its ridiculous really ...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Actually I talked to a dealer today who said he went to Australia to help train dealers there (implying he was knowledgeable) and had never heard of such a thing.

Regarding your signature, I think we got your warm up, 98° at my house right now! And then while I'm at the light, the radiator fan on my bike comes on for a bit of convection oven effect. Gotta love it!
It's 95 here Larry. Tomorrow is suppose to be 10 degrees cooler. Riding to Idyllwild with some friends and then I'll be at Cook's for the annual "Blessing of the Bikes" on Sunday. Suppose to be 75 degrees and then ride off to the Angel game.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking forward to the cool down. If May gets more normal temps I will probably try to squeeze another trip to Idyllwild before summer. I really like it up there and it's a perfect day ride from down here.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Speedometer Unlock

What bikes does the Speedometer Unlock apply to? All 2011 and newer Victory motorcycles, except Vision and Cross Country.

Only the dealer can unlock it, and it's $50, non-negotiable.

Ambient temperature is not locked, as some have found out, and it shows as soon as the thermometer is plugged in.

Features gained by unlocking (and my opinion in parantheses):
- second trip meter (useful since you have to keep one for tracking fuel)
- tachometer in the LCD (somewhat useful, but the analog tach is much better and more useful)
- average fuel economy (about 5 mpg off, so it's not very useful)
- fuel range (cannot rely on this; do not rely on this or you will run out of fuel!)
- instantaneous fuel economy (cool to use a few times to see how your throttle abuse affects fuel usage; after that, it becomes useless)
- fuel range (useless since it's inaccurate)
- trip time (can be useful if used - I never use it)
- volt meter (very useful - this makes the unlock worth buying)
- ambient air temperature (although all Vic documentation says this is locked, it turns out it is not. If you buy the external sensor and plug it in, you will see the ambient temperature without unlocking - Air Temp External Sensor PN: 2875949).

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
have the tach display in my preowned 13 hammer but never noticed anything else scrolling thru? former owner added the tri-pro option also. do you need do anything special to get volt reading, only thing beside tach interests me. a full size tach prolly easier to see, redline + cutout comes quickly in lower gears, looks to be 5500 rpm

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i thought this only applied to the cross roads only. i had it
done on mine. i do have the accessory tach anyway.
at least it was true for 11 and 12. the models other than the cross bikes may have had
something similar.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
have the tach display in my preowned 13 hammer but never noticed anything else scrolling thru? former owner added the tri-pro option also. do you need do anything special to get volt reading, only thing beside tach interests me. a full size tach prolly easier to see, redline + cutout comes quickly in lower gears, looks to be 5500 rpm
The speedo tacho is useful to maybe read your idle RPM, or see what it is while crusing. No way you can read it and shift based on what you see. The accessory analog tacho you can see with your peripheral vision, without taking your eyes off the road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts