Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read a few threads about debadging and just wanted to throw this out there incase you dont know..

use a piece of heavy fishing line i like to use spiderwire its tough spectra. run it behind the badge with a sawing motion back and fourth..after badge is off use your thumb to roll off sticky residue..take your time and it will be easy enough..

·
13,177 Posts
Heat Gun no scratching or marring or paint.
Gu Begone to get the slue and foam left behind.
This work for reflectors and barges.
Heat gun will be used over an over for many years to come for a verity of jobs. Gu begone will be used in the garage and in the hose for a long time.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have found that if you hit the badge with a heat gun then use the fishing line it will slide off with very little sticky stuff at all. put a little wax on the little bit of sticky that is left and it is clean and with no scratches...

At least that is what I have always done.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found that if you hit the badge with a heat gun then use the fishing line it will slide off with very little sticky stuff at all. put a little wax on the little bit of sticky that is left and it is clean and with no scratches...

At least that is what I have always done.
Hummm I will have to try it..Thanks

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Dental floss works just as well as fishing line for those that limit their hobbies to motorcycling. It also works to pull off reflectors but just like fishing line you will have to roll off the sticky residue. You can get the sticky stuff off with goo-gone or WD-40.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you don't have a heat gun, a hair dryer will work in a pinch. i have used a hair dryer, dental floss, and goo b gone on my last two motorcyles and it has worked flawlessly on badges, reflectors, etc.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Decals?

What do you use for the decal or sticker by the fuel fill cap? Also is this sticker painted with clear coat or is it put on after the clear coat? I would like to remove it.:confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
What do you use for the decal or sticker by the fuel fill cap? Also is this sticker painted with clear coat or is it put on after the clear coat? I would like to remove it.:confused:
The sticker on gas take is put on after clear coat. Hair dryer and goo b gone and it comes off.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
"none" thanks for the reply will give it a shot. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Speed,

Your welcome. That is one of the first things I did was remove the sticker from the gas tank. It pisses me off that they put that on in the first place.

·
Registered
597 Posts
If you don't have a heat gun, a hair dryer will work in a pinch. i have used a hair dryer, dental floss, and goo b gone on my last two motorcyles and it has worked flawlessly on badges, reflectors, etc.
heat gun,floss,goof off...badges practically fell off
glenn

·
Registered
81 Posts
Badge removal

Looks like I'll be beating a dead horse BUT I found taking several strands of fishing line (12 lb or 14 lb test), wrap one end several times around a leather glove then do same at other end. You can pull all the way around the badge. Once you get all the way around it, hit the badge directly for about 30 seconds and it cuts like butter. WD-40 and Goo Gone work well on the adhesive left over. There's another "Goo" product that will dull your finish so only use the goo gone.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Damn... dropped a badge somewhere.

After 3 yrs, one of my stinking badges fell off somewhere. Went to wipe her down before a ride last night, and all I had was sticky residue on the left side.
Now have to pick between the black oval w/ silver script, maybe get a custom badge/decal like the one below, in either purple or dark silver to match the striping on the fairing.

I've been a fan of de-badged bikes, but looks a little naked. I've always been proud to display the Vic logo. thumb up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,641 Posts
Glenn; that's a nice lookin' KP Premium you have there. Kinda puts me in mind of the 04 I recently picked up with the Tribal flames and chrome package. I guess that was a KP Premium in its day too.

Where were these pics taken and where's Gold Canyon? Looks kinda like the Oatman area.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks!
Salt River Canyon,between Globe,and Show Low
Gold Canyon is a few miles east,of Apache Junction,at the base of the Superstition Mountains

·
Registered
185 Posts
prized mine off slowly, then used WD40 to remove gunk...
little bit of Methylated spirits to clean up..worked a treat..cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts