Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does everyone feel about debadging, trying to decide if I should do it to my jackpot. I have the 07 so it has the old logo, which i do like the new ones so i guess i can swap it out for that if i don't like the no logo look. I usually do it to most of my cars just to give it a cleaner look.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I yanked them off of my XR because they looked cheap. THey are still on my Vegas. Do what you want, it's your bike.

Years ago I pulled all identifying info off of my Kawasaki ZZR1200. I made an appointment with a local shop for some work and pulled it around to the service department to check the bike in. The service writer told me that they don't work on BMWs. He didn't even recognize that the bike was a Kaw.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You mean one hasn't fallen off yet? Lost one of mine a couple of weeks ago. Didn't need a heat gun or anything to get the other one off. A little WD40 on a soft cloth got rid of the adhesive.
Was going to order another set from Barracuda, but some up close pics make me wonder if those are even metal badges?

·
Registered
318 Posts
You mean one hasn't fallen off yet? Lost one of mine a couple of weeks ago. Didn't need a heat gun or anything to get the other one off. A little WD40 on a soft cloth got rid of the adhesive.
Was going to order another set from Barracuda, but some up close pics make me wonder if those are even metal badges?
I was looking at the witchdoctors tank badges and was wondering the same thing. I like the "victory motorcycles" badge but it is $50. I would hope for 50 they would not be a sticker. Anyone know?

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's your bike. Do as you like.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I want a set of the new Victory Badges for my Hammer. Use a hairdryer and some dental floss. Apply some heat where the tank meets the decal. Saw the floss back and forth. Goo Gone or WD-40 for the rest.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all done, didnt even need a hairdryer and used goo gone worked like a charm. Now looking at it, it makes the tank look bigger. Where would one get there hands on the 2013 logo?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I just "debadged mine"

The first Victory i saw was an 8Ball with no tank badges. For 10 yrs before that I "thought" I wanted a v-rod. Over the next 3 yrs I learned that the Vegas had a 180 tire, and at the time, a 100" 5 spd. I knew I had to have a Hammer!!! . Needless to say 4/20/12 I bought a new Hammer. Today after work, I took off the tank badges,warning sticker, and both stickers on the frame. What a simple job. When I ordered my bike the dealer told me they wouldn't take the tank badges off because they were worried about messing up the paint. I LOVE !!!! the way it looks now. Goo gone is MY BUDDY

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've stripped nearly everything off that said anything about the bike. The tank badges, cheese wedges and engine covers. I'm not ashamed that I ride a victory, I just like the naked custom look. Plus its a great conversation starter. Strangers are always coming up to me saying "Hey nice bike, what is it?".

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will, just wondering if the logo is plastic or metal? lol.
The badges were metal for a long time but right around 2008 they did start coming in plastic. Hard to say what the aftermarket sites carry..but im sure you could find someone who has debadged from an early model and get some metal for cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts