Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,

I got a set of Swept pipes on the Vegas and it POPs alot on decel and i was wondering if this is normal with anyone else with the same system

I thought it might be that the bike is running lean but i was advised that it was just the pipes.

The guy's at the shop are great but i know a little bit about Tunning
after getting a new cam in my 300C and if that was popping i would be FREAKIN. ( Different Beast i know but the physics are the same ).

Help and Advise, gratefully received.

Cheers
AL

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
It is imperative that new exhaust gaskets are used at the header connections. A leak there will cause popping.

What year is this Vegas? Was the fuel injection recalibrated for the new pipes and were any changes made to the airbox/air filter?

If the bike is post 2008 and the FI has been properly re-calibrated for the changes, and the exhaust gaskets are sealed and you still get popping, you may want to look into one of these:

http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000078

·
Registered
357 Posts
Popping on decel is a lean condition and will toast an engine in a short time.New gaskets and recalibrate fuel

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Popping on decel is a lean condition and will toast an engine in a short time.New gaskets and recalibrate fuel
This is what i am scared of.

If the Victory agent is saying it's not the tune and that it's the pipes is there anyway i can get an independant veiw ?

Do you guy's have the swept pipes on your bikes ?

With the 300c i have a couple of Tuners i can get to look at the car but with the Vegas i seem to only find the dealer that will look at the bike.

Cheers
AL

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
This is what i am scared of.
with the Vegas i seem to only find the dealer that will look at the bike
If you are relying on downloads to the stock computer for tuning, the dealer is the only place that will have the digital wrench software to do that. You can, however, take them out of it by using a piggy-back fuel controller like a Power Commander or VFC III.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You have put on pipes that pull out more than the injection system is putting thus have a lean condition.Check your plugs and I would bet they are almost white.I would find a good tuner and get it checked out.I have never found a good Polaris/Vic dealer that did good mods or tuning even on ATVs let alone on a FI bike.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hi Guy's,

I got a set of Swept pipes on the Vegas and it POPs alot on decel...
Call Lloyd's Motors. I put some RPWs on, and he is sending an air valve. Very honest people, wants to start slow, and see how it evolves as we go before we just throw everything at it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Check the gaskets and have the dealer use the SHOTGUN tune.

My dealer had so many people with issues that he began experimenting with different tunes, and realized the Shotgun tune eliminated all popping and backfiring.

I am over 7000 miles backfire free...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts