Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long back story ahead, sorry!

So about a year ago, I was riding around and while sitting at a red light in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change, a car (going appx. 50mph) decided to cut his turn too sharp and hit my front tire. I didn't lay it down but it did enough damage to really mess the bike up (and rattled me up pretty good). Long story short, it wasn't my fault but the cop wrote it up as such. The guy that hit me even told him he hit me and it wasn't my fault but whatever. (I'm not stuck with his bill as I totaled his car)

Anyway, after the accident I took the bike to the victory dealer to get it checked out. Frame is fine, but the Hammer drag bars (or V bars) are tweaked, both forks blown, bent and twisted, both upper and lower portions of the triple tree were cracked in several places, the the center shaft and bearings in the tree (sorry I don't know the technical name) were cracked, and the front fender brackets twisted with the forks cracking my fender. The ONLY things left to replace are the bars and the fender. The fender can wait but these damn bars are proving to be quite impossible to pick up used. I understand they're popular and all but damn.

So now I'm left in quite the predicament, I don't want to spend $350 on a new set of V bars so I've been looking for an aftermarket set that won't compromise the look of the bike. But, all the bars I find are boring or stupid expensive. Anyone know of a set that look alright (in chrome) that won't break the bank? (and yes I know I need risers as well). ALTERNATIVELY if someone in AZ has any way to rebend these bad boys without compromising structural integrity of the bars I'm all ears and would prefer that option.

I'm done rambling and I'm sorry for the hug post. I'd post pics of the accident but it looked fine when It was sitting. Most people wouldn't even know it was damaged until sitting on it.

Oh, and thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
12,978 Posts
If they aren't bent too badly you might be able to find someone with a press and straighten them out. Kinda hard to know if it's doable without looking at it. You could then send them to Cali (there's a very good chrome shop in the LA area) to get re-chromed and checked for cracks. They dip them to remove the chrome so at that time they can see if they are cracked anywhere. Another option is to sandblast the chrome off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got a set of stock bars u can have if u want to throw em on. Just pay to ship em

1 - 3 of 3 Posts