Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering this is my first bike, the Scout is just a better fit for me. Went and did the demo day and rode the Scout twice. And loved it!!! So, now I'm on a waiting list for one. But, hey, I kept it in the family still.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first run of Scouts were up to that long. The dealership told me anywhere from 1 month to 2 months. Which is fine cause I can't buy until mid July. That's when I got my Jeep paid off and can afford one.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
If I was a solo rider then the scout would definitely be in my garage next to my XR.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Good luck with it. I expect a full review once you get a bunch of miles on it :)

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Well that was a Dopey thing to do. :ltr:

Congratulations on your first bike. You'll have a lot of fun and won't be sorry with your choice. Indian is a fine machine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Enjoy

Good choice, sweet looking bikes. HAd the been going full force I'da consider one.....

Keep the shiny side upthumb up

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've got to ride one. It seems like everyone that did a demo ride either bought one or said if they could afford it they'd buy one in addition to their current bike.

Tech23

·
Registered
132 Posts
Considering this is my first bike, the Scout is just a better fit for me. Went and did the demo day and rode the Scout twice. And loved it!!! So, now I'm on a waiting list for one. But, hey, I kept it in the family still.
Yesterday I ran into a couple from Vancouver, BC on a new Roadmaster. They absolutely love the bike and were on a road trip that will last two months.

·
13,239 Posts
If you think about the lame ass horse power Indian has you wouldn't buy one.
If the rocker box has a leak you have to pull the motor because there is no way to get the cover off

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
100 HP is lame ass? Huh.
No, not at all, but the Scout is the only Indian that is making that kind of power without major work. They have torque all day long, but power is a bit lacking from the stock bikes.

Buddy of mine brought his Chieftain down to our area to have it tuned on Saturday. Stock engine, Vance and Hines pipes and an aftermarket high(er) flow air cleaner. Running a Power Commander 5. He tuned out at just about 90 HP and 110 TQ.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts