Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Just take a ride up to Wisconsin. Trade your bike and $7950 and you'll have yourself a 2008 Victory Kingpin Tour!! Check craigslist for minneapolis for info.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Do you want a bagger or a cruiser , you riding solo or will you have a pillion ?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well, if you are looking new or used, Victory makes a strong engine. Watched one getting a new timing wheel put on. Basic engine design with overhead cams, a cam chain, self-adjusting tensioners. Not much to go wrong. Easy to work on from the side of the bike, if it ever needs it. Have fun shopping. That's my favorite part. Pulled the trigger two weeks ago on my Vision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I currently have two Harley's a dyna and softail love my softail and soon to be ex loved his dyna. We have decided to split as friends and he left me every thing including his clothes. He thin is he was the one that paid the bills I only worked part time. I did get a second full time job so I can pay most things but cannot afford two bike payments so I am tryin to find a bike I can ride two up and has some storage I ride all year in NC. Tryin to decide if Victory or Indian would be better for me financially, what one is more dependable? Also what model would fit my needs his isa tough decision love both bikea

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I currently have two Harley's a dyna and softail love my softail and soon to be ex loved his dyna. We have decided to split as friends and he left me every thing including his clothes. He thin is he was the one that paid the bills I only worked part time. I did get a second full time job so I can pay most things but cannot afford two bike payments so I am tryin to find a bike I can ride two up and has some storage I ride all year in NC. Tryin to decide if Victory or Indian would be better for me financially, what one is more dependable? Also what model would fit my needs his isa tough decision love both bikea
So you can sell the 2 Dyna's and the soft tail for one bike. Glad you are considering Victory but do you have a specific reason you aren't looking at consolidating them into a single new Harley?

As to financing... the Indian Cheif will cost you more than a Victory Cross Country, new/old stock Cross Roads or Boardwalk so if $'s are important (as they may be for a lady newly on her own), you may want to go with a new, old stock Victory. Do you NEED dealer financing? If so, and you want new, you might want to consider the new Indian Scout.

NC is about 8 hours across so are you closer to Asheville, Charlotte or Wilmington?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Selling the 3 Harleys would put you pretty damn close to a new cross country. From what I understand, they're quite comfortable 2 up and have plenty of storage. From what you described, it sounds like that would be right up your alley. I hear the Indians are somewhat cramped, so if you're on the taller side, I would stick with the xc. Overall, I think your best option would be to shop around and do some test rides on whichever bikes grab your attention or think would best suit your needs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts