Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i really need some opinions here. Going to look at an 06 Jackpot for $8000 and 5000 miles and lots of extras and i love the look of it. I am going to the dealer to also look at 13 vegas 8 ball which would be $13,095 out the door.

DO i Go used with the jackpot or new with the vegas?:confused:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
That's a no brainer for me. I don't ever want to have to look in the mirror and have to tell that guy I blew $5,000 just to go new. If that '06 is clean and shows no signs of abuse, its a shoe-in. These bikes are so dependable those miles are a moot point. You'd be getting another thing in the bargain; a broken in engine. Yes, Vic engines take a lot of miles to settle in. Grab it and post pix.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
That jackpot is looking good. A new bike, my '13 Vision for example, could easily have that many miles on it. Mine has over 4300 today and it had zero in May. As Ricz said, it is barely broken in. Mine will be over 5000 by this time next week because I still need to ride home. A bike with 5000 miles you can think of as less than a year old in terms of its useful life although it has been stored a lot.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Looks like it still has stock air box, like old man is saying. Barely broke in. If he didn't swap the box out then he wasn't slamming it for those 5k. Like the bikes name. Jackpot!

Keep us posted and set 1k aside you were going to spend for accy to make it yours!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I would take that JP pix to the dealer and ask him why he thinks the lumps are so big on your head from falling off a turnip truck that you would pay him the delta just to lose that delta when you drive that new bike off the lot. He can't close the gap, but I wager he might tighten it up.

Not saying you are wrong to go with the JP, but it is apples and oranges and a leftover '13 is low hanging fruit at the end of August what with '14s hitting the showrooms.

Either way good luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input everyone.....Especially you Pop :ltr:. Went to test ride the Jackpot today and loved the feel of it. Hopefully i will have it in my driveway before this time next week.

·
Registered
396 Posts
jackpot for sure!thumb upthumb upcheers

·
Registered
837 Posts
Okay, so i really need some opinions here. Going to look at an 06 Jackpot for $8000 and 5000 miles and lots of extras and i love the look of it. I am going to the dealer to also look at 13 vegas 8 ball which would be $13,095 out the door.

DO i Go used with the jackpot or new with the vegas?:confused:
My story--. Back in January I was looking at a 2012 Sunset Red XR (just like the one in my avatar) new for $14,700 at a dealer in Fla. In May I bought my 2012 Sunset Red XR from an individual for less than $11,700-- It had 559 miles and did not even have dust on it. JUST LIKE NEW!!!! The depreciation is about $5.37 per mile in my case. It was worth the wait to find the deal I wanted.

·
Registered
222 Posts
What kind of seat is that??

·
Registered
608 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts