Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 XC with the tall winshield that I added because of my height. Noticed this weekend that the wind coming into my neck was from around the edges of the windshield. Anyone know of deflectors that clamp onto the outside edges of the windshield?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Do you have the lowers installed? Even though this might seem unrelated to your question, remember that air doesn't travel in a straight line. High and low pressure points around the bike will suck air or blow air out of unexpected places. From what others have been reporting, the lowers will fix this problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have the lowers installed. Originally I installed then as high as they would go but found that when I moved them down about two inches they seemed to deflect more wind around my lowere legs. I wondeedr about changing the angle tho. I noticed you have the mid height windshield. Is that the "flip" windshield? It looks like the flip provides more side deflection.
p.s. love this bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deflectors

Just as an aside, while I was riding yesterday, I held my habd at the outside edge of the windshield and could feel a noticable difference on my upper chest/neck area. Crosscountry has a good point about air flow but this simple test indicates to me that tho the lowers do deflect some air upwards some sort of deflectoin at the edges of the windscreen would make a difference. I probably should have gone with the flip screen instead of the taller one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I test rode the XC I made sure I tried both the stock and the tall shield. Just prior to purchasing I got a chance to try the flip and absolutely love it compared to the others.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Just prior to purchasing I got a chance to try the flip and absolutely love it compared to the others.
Well, there you have it.

Btw, I'm curious, when does this draft become noticeable? Various speeds, or just a certain range?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, there you have it.

Btw, I'm curious, when does this draft become noticeable? Various speeds, or just a certain range?
I was doing about 45 when I did the test with my hand at the edge of the screen. Haven't tested at other speeds yet (damn the rain today) but will next time I'm out. Taking the bike down to Destin FL for T'giving weekend, I'll check it then.
BTW, I'm 6'3" - don't know if that makes a difference, sometimes I have a tendency to slouch in the saddle tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts