Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a Kingpin. Did all years have a premium package option? What exactly is it? Did all KP tours have this option? Also what does deluxe represent?

:confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm looking at getting a Kingpin. Did all years have a premium package option? What exactly is it? Did all KP tours have this option? Also what does deluxe represent?

:confused:
They changed the models by years. When I got mine in 2011 there was just the Kingpin. They had older models that had more chrome that might have been a deluxe-type model. The main thing to note is whether your model is a 5 or 6 speed. By 2009 all the Kingpins should be 6 speed. Up to 2008 it looks like they were 5. A few years further back and you might get into fuel injection differences.

The only other difference I'd worry about is if you wanted a Kingpin Low. That is a significant, non-cosmetic difference. It should have lower riding shocks, narrower seat, and inverted side covers.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had a 2006 Kingpin Deluxe.
Had floor boards, windshield, backrest and extra chrome on the fenders and it had a 6-speed trans.

·
Registered
586 Posts
My '08 Kingpin Tour has 100 cu in, 6-speed. Came with windshield, lower wind deflectors, saddlebags, trunk, and driver and passenger floorboards. This year went to closed loop fuel injection system (no choke to adjust at start up) with supposedly less maintenance required.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
07 King Pin With all of the above Post except the Fuel Injection Upgrade although don't mind Open Loop with High Idle Adjustment ..

·
Registered
690 Posts
The 8 ball's all have 5 speeds, up till 2011, also.

·
Registered
146 Posts
2006 was the first year of the 100CI engine and 6-speed transmission.

2007 was the first year of the Kingpin TOUR model.

It is WELL worth it to get the 6-speed transmission model years. I can't image riding this bike on the highway without the OD 6th gear! At 75 mph in 5th gear the bike is about 3X louder than it is at the same speed in 6th.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
My 05 kingpin came as a Deluxe model. It was basically the same as the later tour.The deluxe had the semi hard bags and no trunk.It also had some added chrome trim on the fenders.My bike came in a two tone paint job as well, it was Black and Gre/silver when I bought it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts