Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I tracked down a 2012 kingpin that was used as a demo bike, only 36km. It appears the dealer purchased the bike and has sat on it until the warranty ran out.

From what I understand, this is the last year that Vic made the kingpin?

Is there anything I need to know about this bike or should I look for a gently used one for much less cash? It seems really odd that this bike has no warranty. :confused:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Cool find mate .... Picture ?? Upgrades ?? Bring a forum member to the shop ?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
There's something wrong here. Warranty starts on the sale date. I bought my 2011 KP brand new in 2013. The dealer had brought it in for someone and the deal dragged on and eventually fell through. The Polaris warranty began on the sale date and only ran out a month ago.
Get the particulars of what's going on. If not to your satisfaction, walk away. Something smells.

·
13,251 Posts
who does not beat the **** out of a demo bike.
36K and say the average demo ride is 10 miles.
Not a good deal

·
Registered
106 Posts
according to his post it has 36 kilometers. hard to do much damage with that little mileage

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sound very suspicious there is no warranty. Bikes are usually used for demo rides meaning it would have way more than 36 km.

Where is this? What's the true story of the bike ? Is this a victory official dealer ? (It could be fake mileage )

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
OK, so need some clarification here. In standard abbreviations, 36km is 36 kilometers. About 20 miles. VJ assumed it was 36K, another standard abbreviation, miles as in 36000 miles. They are written differently and it makes a slight difference. Please confirm which you meant OP.

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the bike I finally settled for. Obviously not a vic. but I got a smoken deal I couldn't refuse.....I'm still looking for a Vic though, I just need more time.....cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts