Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer said 1000 deposit will get me first right of refusal once they start to show, figured why not as he will return the money if I don't like. To state the obvious sounds like the bike has one heck of a motor, but being 6'1" might be an issue. We only have 2 dealers here, first one is marking up the bike 400 over msrp, second is 1200 over msrp. Second actually is an hd dealer that polaris is supporting as they were the previous generation indian dealer. Shocking that an hd dealer would mark up that much over msrp, lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Can't wait to hear how it turns out for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My dealer said 1000 deposit will get me first right of refusal once they start to show, figured why not as he will return the money if I don't like. To state the obvious sounds like the bike has one heck of a motor, but being 6'1" might be an issue. We only have 2 dealers here, first one is marking up the bike 540 over msrp, second is 1800 over msrp. Second actually is an hd dealer that polaris is supporting as they were the previous generation indian dealer. Shocking that an hd dealer would mark up that much over msrp, lol.
If Polaris starts allowing dealers to mark up these bikes and start acting like HD has acted over the previous years I will not buy one as much as I would like to own one. I hate it when they do that kind of crap.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
There may be a Red Chieftain in my future but can wait for a fair price and availability .. My 12 XC runs just fine ..

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Bought a red Chieftain at Engelhart's in Madison, Wisconsin. No markup above MSRP and got decent price on my 2012 CC CN. Now I wait 60 days.:)
Participated in the test ride tour last Friday. I am amazed at the amount of power the Indian motor puts out!

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Bought a red Chieftain at Engelhart's in Madison, Wisconsin. No markup above MSRP and got decent price on my 2012 CC CN. Now I wait 60 days.:)
Participated in the test ride tour last Friday. I am amazed at the amount of power the Indian motor puts out!
Pictures, or it didn't happen! (I know, I'm just poking the bear...) thumb up

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
If Polaris starts allowing dealers to mark up these bikes and start acting like HD has acted over the previous years I will not buy one as much as I would like to own one. I hate it when they do that kind of crap.
This happens with just about every popular product, especially electronic toys and gadgets. High demand vehicles always go for more than MSRP as long as demand exceeds supply.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Does anyone remember what the PT Cruisers started selling for when they were first introduced? Exactly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Put my deposit down last week for a Red Chieftain after a test ride. I was really impressed with the bike, the engine has a ton of bottom end grunt and it rode great. Sold my Road Glide to fund the new bike now I just have to wait for the Chieftain to show up which unfortunately nobody can tell me when that will happen :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts