Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desert Thunder Victory is a new dealership in Kingman. They offically opened in early November. I have yet to be to a dealership that didn't treat you like a king when you were shopping. So, I wanted to wait until I had a few interactions with them after I bought my Victory to rate them.

I did buy the extended warrenty, so that does figure into how they treated me, price wise. My 500 mile service was done in a day, at no charge. I had a few things that I wanted them to check out ( a chirp on acceleration, the XM radio going out and the gas gauge reading empty for up to 20 mins after first starting the bike.) They had the bike for 2 days and checked it over for free.

Everytime I visit the dealer, they continue to treat me like a king. I stopped by today, 2 months from purchase, they remembered my name and everyone came by to ask me how I liked the bike, where I ride it and if there is anything they can do to make me happy. Wow!

Long story short is, very happy with how I am treated, how well they stand behind the Victory and the quality of the folks working there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wish I had that experience

I purchased my motorcycle from Freedom Power Sports and have no issues with the purchase.....until I went to have it repaired. For example the wires behind the indicator lights were torn and broke; such a simple thing to inspect and fix. Now I wonder if the engine repair was done correctly. Also I was treated badly and not given any updates on the repair which took over 3 months to complete. When I asked questions I was told"Why should I care the insurance is paying for this"

Be aware a warranty is worthless if it cannot be backed-up by a competent service and repair tech. Be careful who you let work on your bike. You may say take it back and have the work done correctly. I say, I don't believe they can and don't want them to touch my bike. I will gladly pay someone else to repair and I've already found them!

Jim

my 2 cents on the local Victory dealer in Cumming, Ga.!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it went that way for you bro. I have been on the recieving end of bad service.
I hope that every experiance you have from this day forward is excellent. No one deserves to be treated in any way but good.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
Desert Thunder Victory is a new dealership in Kingman. They offically opened in early November. I have yet to be to a dealership that didn't treat you like a king when you were shopping. So, I wanted to wait until I had a few interactions with them after I bought my Victory to rate them.

I did buy the extended warrenty, so that does figure into how they treated me, price wise. My 500 mile service was done in a day, at no charge. I had a few things that I wanted them to check out ( a chirp on acceleration, the XM radio going out and the gas gauge reading empty for up to 20 mins after first starting the bike.) They had the bike for 2 days and checked it over for free.

Everytime I visit the dealer, they continue to treat me like a king. I stopped by today, 2 months from purchase, they remembered my name and everyone came by to ask me how I liked the bike, where I ride it and if there is anything they can do to make me happy. Wow!

Long story short is, very happy with how I am treated, how well they stand behind the Victory and the quality of the folks working there.
Now that's service!! There is a thread going about dealers charging $100s for the 500 mile.
Looks like you found a winner.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well after 3 or 4 emails to this dealer and one to the owner With no responce and just a few phone calls returned on which received no help I rate this dealer as no good. The call to the owner was to try and get this worked out but he would not repond. The dealer is building a new shop and will be moving out of his car dealership and it is to my understanding you will have to still bring your bike to his car dealership for work. The people will need to study more as only one person knows anything of simple questions asked The did not follow through on their aggrements made and lept parts taken off. Even thing the owner said would be done were not .
Rating by me and in hopes others dont have my problems is 2 out of 10.
Things started out good and went bad soon after papers signed

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got back from a 10 state tour and found your post about Kingman. I was due for a oil change and when I went in, I kinda asked about your problem. I was told that when they get threatened with a lawsuit, their lawyer tells them to not talk to anyone about it. So, I do not know what happened nor can I find out. I am sorry that your experiance was less then first class.

I had never meet anyone at the dealership until I went in for a test ride. They still treat me right and I will continue to go back to them.

Not trying to start a flame war. Just telling my experiance with them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
kingmaan

your from kingman I see so they will I am guessing treat you different. One of the problems is that they were not threatened with a law suit and the owner or no one else will return emails or call and try and resoulve this problem nor have the returned my pipes etc. that they said the would. Yes you can have them and their bulk oil. I am glad to hear they are treating you as best they can in their car dealership.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
M advice to DT is make this guy happy. New dealership should not want this kind of negativity going on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
DT

Thanks but dont want it for that reason just want what we agreed to as the intent of our deal nothing more nothing less as somethings had to be done on ones word and couldnt be finished until after things were signed. As for the rest I would go the the Harley Dealer in Kingman as the people I ride with (Firemen etc.) say nothing but the best of them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
M advice to DT is make this guy happy. New dealership should not want this kind of negativity going on.
I know of one guy who lives in Kingman but works for the feds in Las Vegas that ended up buying a sweet new Vision at A Team in Las Vegas after hearing about Single Feathers situation.

Victory is not doing a demo tour in LV, but has one scheduled in Kingman October 2nd and 3rd. Me and a couple of cops were going to come down there to ride a few and see what kind of deals are being offered while the big truck is there. We cancelled those plans.

People get a little freaked out hearing about situations like Single Feathers, especially when you don't have time to mess around and are going to spend 25k cash. We go back and forth between Kingman and Las Vegas a lot, it is not unusual for the guys to buy vehicles and other items (quads, dirt bikes, etc) in Kingman if the dealership personnel are straightforward and we get good recommendations from other colleagues and friends.

If it is a verbal agreement about anything, assume it won't happen. Get a "we owe" Agreement Form from them which helps avoid confusion and misunderstandings in their Sales Deals and helps them provide excellent Customer Service.

Just a thought, but perhaps this dealership in Kingman is going out of business soon and doesn't really care? This situation isn't helping their business at all.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
That is my point. I have been in business for 34 years and I try to make ure the client is always happy and feeling like I have served them well. Stupid to screw with people and lose sales.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They will be having demo rides at Las Vegas Bike Fest in Sept.
Thanks Single Feather for the info, I'll have to check out Bike Fest for my first time this year, good to hear Victory will be set up there.

There is a good book titled:
"Satisfied Customers Tell Three Friends, Angry Customers Tell 3,000: Running a Business in Today's Consumer-Driven World"
Pete Blackshaw calls "consumer-generated media"—blogs, social networking pages, message boards, product review sites—even a single disgruntled customer can broadcast his complaints to an audience of millions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts