1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For loan or sale.

·
13,318 Posts
f you already pulled your primary. Go to your auto parts store, and by an oil drain plug from a 1985 Subaru[all the same]
Thread it in the end of the flywheel, and tighten until it pops off

Reactions: RoteBaron

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Call your local bolt supply house and ask if they have one . I think the shortest one available is about 60mm. A zinc coated grade 8.8 is about $5 which will be good enough under normal circumstances. A grade 10.9 is going to be about 5 times that price.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,756 Posts
They already got it in another thread but these suggestions are great for future searches.
Added to my notes.

·
Registered
358 Posts
f you already pulled your primary. Go to your auto parts store, and by an oil drain plug from a 1985 Subaru[all the same]
Thread it in the end of the flywheel, and tighten until it pops off
Spot on. I did this to pull mine! Works like a $50 tool. LMYR

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to follow up, the Subaru oil plug worked great. I bought it at Oreilly's. It was funny because the guy wanted to know what model, submodel, and year. No matter how many times I said it doesn't matter, he insisted. So I finally rattled of specs for a random Subaru and got the plug. It worked like a charm.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just to follow up, the Subaru oil plug worked great. I bought it at Oreilly's. It was funny because the guy wanted to know what model, submodel, and year. No matter how many times I said it doesn't matter, he insisted. So I finally rattled of specs for a random Subaru and got the plug. It worked like a charm.
Roger that. Oddly enough when I went in here in Cheyenne the guy KNEW it wasn't for a car...damedifIknow why but he said oh yea....lemme git you one....Weird but hey,,,, ;-) LMYR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Circuit component Household hardware Gas Auto part Engineering
this i what i used to pull my flywheel from 2008 kingpin.i got it from mcmasters-carr for 3.50$ (i brought 2) with shipping came to 15.32
putting it out there because the oil drain plug either was to small this time or its only works one time m20x1.5x30mm what vic shop said to get

1 - 10 of 10 Posts