Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I have a 2004 Kingpin and hopefully the weather is turning for the better out here in the east coast.
I'm getting ready to do a complete detailing of my bike and i wanted to know what is the best product to use on the black part of the Primary case. The primary cover is chrome but the case is black and it looks alittle dull... What do you guys use and how can i maintain the color.
Also the the motor itself, what can I use to clean it/make it look new again.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
It was suggested to me by a show detailer to use "Wizards" brand detailing products, and I use their bike wash. It has worked for me the past years. Hopefully someone will suggest a much less pricey product or way, but it goes a long way. It really cuts the road grime.

·
Registered
368 Posts
S100 engine detailer will make the black casings look like new again, but the spray is about $10 for a can. I doubt you could cover all the black on an 8-ball with one can.
For the past couple of years, I have made my own black restore mix as given to me by a friend who shows bikes. Basically it's a 50/50 mix of Mother's Protectant and water. Mix some up in a hand held spray bottle, and spray down all the black wrinkle finish. Wipe off any extra from chrome, and dab up any "pooling" out of horizontal recesses, and let it air dry while you shine other parts of the bike.
I've used this mix for the past couple of years and not only is it a fraction of the cost of S100, it looks darker, and definitely lasts longer.

Haven't used it on my new bike, but did on my RoadKing. I plan on trying it on the swing arms since they are the same wrinkle finish.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
S100 engine detailer will make the black casings look like new again, but the spray is about $10 for a can. I doubt you could cover all the black on an 8-ball with one can.
For the past couple of years, I have made my own black restore mix as given to me by a friend who shows bikes. Basically it's a 50/50 mix of Mother's Protectant and water. Mix some up in a hand held spray bottle, and spray down all the black wrinkle finish. Wipe off any extra from chrome, and dab up any "pooling" out of horizontal recesses, and let it air dry while you shine other parts of the bike.
I've used this mix for the past couple of years and not only is it a fraction of the cost of S100, it looks darker, and definitely lasts longer.

Haven't used it on my new bike, but did on my RoadKing. I plan on trying it on the swing arms since they are the same wrinkle finish.
Thanks for the suggestions...I'll try the Mothers Protectant w/water.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would recommend going to chopperdetailing.com.

this is a website devoted to detailing motorcycles and I have found it to be very useful and on key with the products and a 7 step cleaning process.

·
Registered
368 Posts
KW, thanks for the site nfo. Some good tips here.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes it is a good site and I highly recommend the pimp stix to help get in those hard to reach areas with out scratching your bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is a good site and I highly recommend the pimp stix to help get in those hard to reach areas with out scratching your bike.
Thanks... i'll have to find out where i can get some of those pimp stix to help me along with my detailing..

·
Registered
91 Posts
how do you like that smuggler bag and how much was it if u dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
91 Posts
also, if your rims are aluminum, use the bling master and you can get them to look like chrome very easily with some good elbow grease.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do you like that smuggler bag and how much was it if u dont mind me asking?
Hey,
The smuggler trunk is awesome. Enough storage for my gloves, glasses,wallet etc. Anything for a short cruise. Plus I was worried it would take away from the clean look of the bike/fender but it doesn't IMHO.
A few months back someone listed on this site about an auction house selling off a stock from a Vic dealership in Minn. I got the smuggler,HID jackpot headlight (waiting to install), superfly screen and some other parts for $250 shipped to me! Total retail price of the stuff was over $1500!

I'm always hunting for deals on parts!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use the S100 on my '02 Touring Cruiser. One can will give me three or four uses, and that includes the floorboards and tires.

·
Registered
201 Posts
cheers nice bike i just got a 2008 thumb up
Hey Guys,
I have a 2004 Kingpin and hopefully the weather is turning for the better out here in the east coast.
I'm getting ready to do a complete detailing of my bike and i wanted to know what is the best product to use on the black part of the Primary case. The primary cover is chrome but the case is black and it looks alittle dull... What do you guys use and how can i maintain the color.
Also the the motor itself, what can I use to clean it/make it look new again.

Thanks,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cheers nice bike i just got a 2008 thumb up
Shooter,
Thanks!! I just added the Jackpot HID headlight last week...Looks so much meaner! IMHO
Although I did have to take off the blacked out Superfly windscreen, which i really liked. But It didn't look right with the new headlight.

Congrats on your purchase! thumb up
Post pics of your bike when you get a chance!

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
08 king pin pic

[i am having a hard time downloading pics

IMG]ball99/102-0771.jpg?t=1301061001[/IMG]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[i am having a hard time downloading pics

IMG]ball99/102-0771.jpg?t=1301061001[/IMG]
Shooter,
I find that I can only post a pic by scrolling down on the
"Reply to Thread" screen to "Additional Options", then click on "Manage Attachements" - Attach Files. There I can select my pic and as long as the file isn't too large, it'll upload... You can then hit the "Preview Post" button and see how it all looks...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts