Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Massachusetts has the opportunity to vote for a new Senator... Mr. Freedom Gomez , or 37 year career politician / after listening to him, Dictator Markey... I shudder to think of another lifetime politician making decisions on my personal Freedoms... But, this is Massachusetts, and I already know who's going to win.:(

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Let us know how it goes. Many of us are interested.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Today Massachusetts has the opportunity to vote for a new Senator... Mr. Freedom Gomez , or 37 year career politician / after listening to him, Dictator Markey... I shudder to think of another lifetime politician making decisions on my personal Freedoms... But, this is Massachusetts, and I already know who's going to win.:(
Is Mr Gomez a Republican out to take away your freedom to choose who you can to marry, or limit your reproductive choices, or open a new gov't agency that feels you up at the grocery store?

If you're lucky, he probably just wants to rewrite the tax code to redistribute more wealth to the top. Lord knows we can't become a banana republic fast enough.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saddlebag, your probably pro gay marriage, I'm not , you probably think its ok for a woman to have an abortion when she is 8 months pregnant, I do not, you probably want open borders, and for everyone to come here and drink from the taxpayers trough... You probably think the Obama administration is doing a great job right now, and Eric Holder a great A.G. and I'm sure you think everyone should pay more taxes, even the little guy, to fund these people and get them on the dole, and Obamacare is the best thing since sliced bread, and we need more gun control for law abiding citizens , instead of going after the illegal guns. Your against the Keystone pipeline, burning coal for energy, your probably a closet advocate for global warming, you believe Al Gore did in fact invent the internet, am I close? No disrespect ,But, you and I will never agree on any level of politics, unfortunately for Ma. another lifelong progressive koolaid drinking,Obama loving , freedom taking , leftwing loon is its senator... I don't mind saying, I wish I lived in Texas. At least we agree Victory's are the ****! Have a nice day:)

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Saddlebag, your probably pro gay marriage, I'm not
Fine with me, don't marry a man. And stop complaining about freedom hating politicians. You just sanctioned them.

you probably think its ok for a woman to have an abortion when she is 8 months pregnant, I do not
I don't know anyone advocating such a thing, but again, if you want it outlawed then you are advocating for the gov't to limit someone else's personal freedoms.

, you probably want open borders, and for everyone to come here and drink from the taxpayers trough...
Whether I do or not, it has nothing to do with your personal freedoms.

You probably think the Obama administration is doing a great job right now, and Eric Holder a great A.G. and I'm sure you think everyone should pay more taxes
Are you in favor of leaving more debt for posterity? If not, you should favor higher taxes too.

, even the little guy, to fund these people and get them on the dole, and Obamacare is the best thing since sliced bread
Obamacare is Romneycare. It comes from the Heritage Foundation and is a conservative idea that everyone should contribute something into the system rather than get injured and become a parasite to taxpayers. I agree that this form of conservatism does limit one's freedom to a small degree, but should make sense to anyone so riled by paying taxes to support others.

, and we need more gun control for law abiding citizens , instead of going after the illegal guns.
You should do some research on this. NRA has the govt's hands tied tightly behind their backs. ATF only has enough manpower to inspect all FFLs once every 17 years. We still have by far the largest number of gun deaths in the world. Hardly a tyrannical crackdown.

Your against the Keystone pipeline
I am? Why would I be against the potential of polluting the depleting water table of our farm belt to increase the cost of fuel from Canada to Japan?

your probably a closet advocate for global warming
The earth is warming, whether or not I advocate for it. And that could definitely affect your personal freedoms.

, you believe Al Gore did in fact invent the internet
Do you believe Jonah was eaten by a whale?

I don't mind saying, I wish I lived in Texas.
So move already. You're perfectly free to do so.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take it easy... This is a debate that would never end . I feel your thinking is incorrect on so many levels, that doesn't make you a bad person, I'm sure you feel the same about me. Quite frankly I just don't have the time to go line by line with you, it wouldn't make any difference anyway, we are not politicians.... If its any consolation, I thought for sure you would be the first responder to the thread,:ltr: but you were a close second! Regards , Lilmag

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I feel your thinking is incorrect on so many levels,
You don't know what I think. You only know that I poke holes in a lot of your thinking.

that doesn't make you a bad person, I'm sure you feel the same about me.
I have no way of knowing anything but what you type. It seems to me that you know very little about the issues you discuss, but recite the talking points you hear on the radio and fox news very well.

I'd suggest that you turn off the propaganda networks and pick an issue that you care about and actually learn something about it. When you can discuss it in more depth than "it's commie tyranny," then we can have a meaningful discussion.

And for the record, I'm not worked up.

Quite frankly I just don't have the time to go line by line with you, it wouldn't make any difference anyway, we are not politicians.... If its any consolation, I thought for sure you would be the first responder to the thread,:ltr: but you were a close second!
I'd have let it die, if I didn't see another orgy of Sean Hannity backslapping about ready to start. Now go enjoy your personal freedoms before Senator Gomez locks you in a dungeon. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You poked holes in nothing, the mere fact you attack Fox News tells me all I need to know, you just keep watching Al Jezeera , NPR, MSNBC, CNBC... John Stewart, and Jim Carrey videos, and have a big jug of Kool-Aid... You sound just like all the liberals, the more you talk the less sense you make. Maybe I am unable to comprehend your superior intellect ... Guess you cant blame me for that. My apologies.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You poked holes in nothing
You came here bitching about some Democrat who supposedly is out to take your "freedom." I asked you if you were against gay marriage. You said you were. That means you are for gov't limiting personal freedoms. All your squawking about Al Gore and the rest is immaterial. The hole has been poked. You are bitching about that which you support. That is the dictionary definition of hypocrisy. You can rattle off another list of outrages Rush told you today, but it doesn't change the fact that your "thinking" dam is leaking.

Maybe I am unable to comprehend your superior intellect ...
Learning takes time and dedication. Listening to well paid oafs beat their chests over and over to get you all worked up over a never ending list of enemies and outrages isn't learning...it's programming.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
- Paul Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Minister of Propaganda

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
LILMAGS500...If you look up "politically thin skin" in the dictionary, you will see Saddlebag's picture. If your politics don't coincide with his, its best to ignore him and maybe he'll go away. To Saddle's credit, he's wise about things pertaining to motorcycles and riding and is a good read and chat on those subjects. My condolences to you and MA.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
LILMAGS500...If you look up "politically thin skin" in the dictionary, you will see Saddlebag's picture. If your politics don't coincide with his
Not true at all. If the OP had come here complaining that he was opposed to the new Senator because he had a religious issue with his stance on gay marriage, I'd say fine.

When he comes in here outraged about gov't taking personal freedoms and then promotes gov't taking personal freedoms, then I think it's only fair to point out to him that his thinking is a little muddy.

If you think for a minute that I take any of this babbling over Al Gore and the end of giant soda freedom personally, trust me, I don't. But it would be refreshing to live in a world where people could discuss things without everything being some Hatfield and McCoy reenactment.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
As my mother told my brother and me; It take two to argue. Didja ever hear the saying, Let sleeping dogs lie? By now, we all know where you stand without you having to advertise it ad nausium. Time to go riding.

·
Registered
539 Posts
But it would be refreshing to live in a world where people could discuss things without everything being some Hatfield and McCoy reenactment.
The OP only stated he didn't want to have another career politician who limited his freedom and did not mention if he was republican or democrat, your the one that started that . So it's sounds like you enjoy the "Hatfield and McCoy reenactment"..

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The OP only stated he didn't want to have another career politician who limited his freedom and did not mention if he was republican or democrat
Named Gomez and running for Senator from Mass.

http://news.yahoo.com/mass-voters-head-polls-pick-us-senator-063213629.html

Wasn't as if he just stated he disliked career politicians because in general they limited his freedom. He picked on a particular person.

And to top it off, he acts as though he'd like to limit the perfectly legal career of said politician. Sounds like he wants to limit his personal freedom to hold office to me.

This is a motorcycle forum not the Rush Limbaugh glee club. Sorry that not everyone here is a raving fan. If Mr Gomez does something to limit the freedom to ride a Victory around Boston, wake me up and I'll sign the petition on Al Gore's internet. :D

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ALL POLITICIANS SHOULD HAVE TERM LIMITS !!! SERVE THE PEOPLE, THEN GO BACK INTO THE "WORK FORCE" NO LIFETIME HEALTH CARE, NO LIFETIME PENSION..... PERIOD. POLITICIANS ARE NO BETTER THEN THE PEOPLE , CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF... But what do I know, I'm just a fool that likes FOX NEWS Propaganda....wac

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You poked holes in nothing, the mere fact you attack Fox News tells me all I need to know, you just keep watching Al Jezeera
Isn't it Al Gorezeera, they wouldn't even consider Glen Beck's offer.

Yep.... Fox News the worlds biggest liars:ltr:

Wake up people, we now have the most transparent gov't we have ever seen:ltr:

Libs all bring up "abortion".
Is there nothing else wrong with this country???

Global what ever you want to call it this week has already been dispelled as a myth

Albert Whore,ooop I mean Gore should return his Nobel, just as Barry O'bummer should for not bringing world peace as he was supposed to do

THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE OF AMERICAN POLICIES......Damn they hate us Americans
http://english.ruvr.ru/news/2013_06_23/Russian-may-be-among-mountain-climbers-killed-in-terror-attack-in-Pakistan-FM-8272/

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Citizens of the United States of America are so ignorant......

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
ALL POLITICIANS SHOULD HAVE TERM LIMITS !!! SERVE THE PEOPLE, THEN GO BACK INTO THE "WORK FORCE" NO LIFETIME HEALTH CARE, NO LIFETIME PENSION..... PERIOD.
Makes perfect sense, is perfectly fair, and the point was made without taking a swipe at anyone. Now was that so hard? cheers

·
Registered
539 Posts
Named Gomez and running for Senator from Mass.

http://news.yahoo.com/mass-voters-head-polls-pick-us-senator-063213629.html

Wasn't as if he just stated he disliked career politicians because in general they limited his freedom. He picked on a particular person.

And to top it off, he acts as though he'd like to limit the perfectly legal career of said politician. Sounds like he wants to limit his personal freedom to hold office to me.

This is a motorcycle forum not the Rush Limbaugh glee club. Sorry that not everyone here is a raving fan. If Mr Gomez does something to limit the freedom to ride a Victory around Boston, wake me up and I'll sign the petition on Al Gore's internet. :D
See, all I commented on was the irony of you saying you hate the "Hatfield and McCoy mentality" and yet you saw the need to comment on this thread when you could have ignored it.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Markey won. Hopefully this is a sign of what we can expect in 2014. Then onward to 2016 cheers

1 - 20 of 109 Posts